Continental’s Agro ContiSeal, a new polymer that seals punctures to allow the vehicle to continue operating, has been awarded a DLG (German Agricultural Society) Silver Medal in the prestigious Agritechnica 2022 innovation awards.
“A puncture can be very costly when it does occur,” Continental’s Benjamin Hübner said. “Agro ContiSeal enables the vehicle to continue working even after a puncture from an object up to 12mm in diameter. This will save those who choose Continental tyres with ContiSeal time and money, while also offering peace of mind throughout the year.
“We’re very happy that the DLG awarded our technology.”
There’s no need for a vehicle fitted with ContiSeal lined tyres to slow down following a puncture or change the tyre immediately. The sticky polymer covers the puncture and prevents loss of pressure.
“It seems like such a simple solution to a common problem, but Agro ContiSeal will help many agricultural operators to keep moving until they have time to change the tyre,” Mr Hübner added. ” The technology is still in development and not yet available on the market for agricultural tyres, but we’re currently working on bringing this technology into production soon.”
Zero or minimum tillage farming is growing in popularity as farmers seek to reduce the impact of heavy machinery on the land. However, the residual stubble, that can be left for more than a year, hardens, and represents a much higher risk to tyres.
“Agro ContiSeal will offer a way to operate more reliably in stubble fields and will offer confidence to those looking to improve soil health by practicing minimum tillage methods,” Mr Hübner said.
ContiSeal for Agricultural tyres is the result of the company transferring expertise from the automotive sector, where the technology has already been successfuly implemented.
- Spaldings: SeedSock makes drill and spreader emptying much easier
- McConnel: Next-generation Agribuggy2 sprayer unveiled
- Allflex: Subscription-based SenseHub monitoring launched
- Hella: Black Magic LED auxiliary lights now available in Europe
- Horsch: New Cultro TC models can be front-mounted for great flexibility
- JCB: Loadall range extended with new 538-70 telehandler
- Topcon: Precision controller offers unrivalled seeding accuracy
- Continental: Agro ContiSeal technology wins DLG Silver Medal
- Kubota: M6-001 utility tractor series introduced
- Vervaet: New telematics system is now standard equipment
- Hutchinsons: Managing nitrogen with a realistic eye on yield potential
- Terravesta: Water health and soil carbon focus at Miscanthus farm walks
- Doosan: Exclusive supply agreement signed with Tobroco-Giant
- Cope Seeds: Merlin spring oats added to Recommended List
- John Deere: Fully autonomous tractor unveiled at CES 2022