The first of Bobcat’s new R-Series telehandlers, unveiled in mid-2021, have been delivered in the UK.
The three T41.140SLP 14.0m Stage V telehandlers form part of an order for five of the units purchased by Truelove Property and Construction, based at Lincoln. With standard tyres fitted, the T41.140SLP offers a maximum lift capacity of 4.1t, a maximum lift height of 13.65m and a maximum forward reach of 9.8m.
Established in 1968, Truelove Property and Construction is a family-run business with more than 50 years’ experience and the completion of nearly 1,000 new homes to its name. Truelove also has a subsidiary farming business, Happy Days Farming Company.
The new T41.140SLP telehandlers were supplied by AMS Bobcat Ltd, the local Authorised Bobcat Dealer based at Scunthorpe.
“We weren’t satisfied with the performance of our previous brand of telehandlers,” director Barrie Truelove said. “We chose to replace them with Bobcat telehandlers for a number of reasons including their suitability for our applications, the price, the lead time and the quality and locality of service offered by AMS Bobcat.
“It has been a very successful transition as all of our operators are very happy with the new Bobcat telehandlers.”
Typically, the Bobcat T41.140SLP telehandler is used in construction applications, but this model can also find other uses in agriculture. These new machines have already been used for applications such as loading and stacking hay at Happy Days Farming, which has three farms in Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire.
As well as the T40.140SLP, the new generation R-Series telehandler range provides a choice of 11 more models with Stage V engines. These offer lifting heights from 6.0m to 18m with maximum lifting capacities between 2.6t and 4.1t.
The full R-Series range includes:
- Compact telehandlers – TL26.60, TL30.60 and TL30.70
- Middle range telehandlers – TL35.70, T35.105, T35.105L and T36.120SL
- High-lift telehandlers – T35.130S, T35.130SLP, T35.140S, T41.140SLP and T40.180SLP
- Spaldings: SeedSock makes drill and spreader emptying much easier
- McConnel: Next-generation Agribuggy2 sprayer unveiled
- Allflex: Subscription-based SenseHub monitoring launched
- Hella: Black Magic LED auxiliary lights now available in Europe
- Horsch: New Cultro TC models can be front-mounted for great flexibility
- JCB: Loadall range extended with new 538-70 telehandler
- Topcon: Precision controller offers unrivalled seeding accuracy
- Continental: Agro ContiSeal technology wins DLG Silver Medal
- Kubota: M6-001 utility tractor series introduced
- Vervaet: New telematics system is now standard equipment
- Hutchinsons: Managing nitrogen with a realistic eye on yield potential
- Terravesta: Water health and soil carbon focus at Miscanthus farm walks
- Doosan: Exclusive supply agreement signed with Tobroco-Giant
- Cope Seeds: Merlin spring oats added to Recommended List
- John Deere: Fully autonomous tractor unveiled at CES 2022