Pöttinger’s Terrasem mulch drilling concept combines tillage, consolidation, fertiliser application and drilling in a single machine: the perfect combination, the company says, for high output, reliability and precision seed placement to meet farmers’ specifications.
This newly designed seed drill, available with or without passive seedbed preparation, delivers an impressive performance with its precision universal metering and perfect coulter system to guarantee exact seed placement. Flexible operation and being able to process up to three components simultaneously at a consistently high output translates into optimum drilling for the best seed emergence.
The high performance features of the Pöttinger Terrasem increase yield capacity to boost the farmer’s profit. The benefits include:
- highly flexible with injector metering or pressurised hopper metering system for successful sowing;
- robust construction with maximum output with working widths between 3.0m and 6.0m;
- coulter technology for large area output and a uniform, clean seed slot; and
- suitable for mulch and direct mulch drilling as well as on ploughed fields.
A new configuration of the tillage tools ensures that the machine works 100 per cent in a straight line. The disc harrow as well as the fertiliser coulters (DZ-machine) and seed coulters are mounted in an X configuration. Optimum seedbed preparation is ensured by the aggressive point angle of the lead tillage tools. There’s no need to grease the tillage tools because they’re mounted on sealed bearings.
Single-shoot, double-shoot and double-shoot-mix are the key to perfect emergence. To match the site conditions and crop rotation of the customer, there’s a wide choice between the application of seed, seed with fertiliser and additional components such as micro-granules, companion crop or a second type of seed with the Terrasem DZ models. The different components can each be deposited at different depths.
The proven coulter rail with Dual Disc coulter system ensures an ideal plant density for the crop. With a row spacing of 12.5cm as standard, or 16.7cm as an option, optimum plant development is ensured and weeds are largely suppressed.
Depending on the choice of machine, two different metering systems are available. The machines with a single hopper are equipped with injector metering – Terrasem 3000D to V6000D as well as all Terrasem Classic models without tillage tools and without fertiliser application. All Terrasem Z double seed hopper machines are equipped with a pressurised hopper system. The two-part hopper with a fixed 60:40 partition can also be filled with 100 per cent seed. Integrated pressure differential sensors ensure the reliability of the system.
- Amazone: Leading the way in autonomous agricultural machinery
- Drone Ag: Latest software supports VR and plant counting
- Paxtons launches on-farm delivery service for original parts
- Tramspread: Wagtail offers safe and versatile hose handling
- Dairy Spares: 60-teat mobile Milk Bar calf feeder added to range
- JCB: £100 million investment in hydrogen engine development
- Pöttinger: New Lion 6002C folding power harrow handles up to 500hp
- Hella: K-LED Nano beacon introduced
- Claas: New features announced for 2022 Jaguar foragers
- Kuhn: Compact and lightweight option added to Venta drill range
- Pöttinger: New Terrasem pneumatic mulch drill offers perfect and efficient sowing
- JCB: Compact mid-range Loadall gets DualTech VT drive
- Väderstad: Spirit 600C InLine combination drill launched
- Claas: Big leap forward for Quadrant square balers
- Pöttinger: SensoSafe protects wildlife and livestock