The new Lion 6002C power harrow, with working widths of 6.0m, sees Pöttinger expand its range of folding power harrows. Designed for tractors up to 500hp, it is equipped for the toughest jobs and is available from November 2021.
During the development of the new power harrow, special attention has been paid to current and future requirements in terms of durability and strength. A strongly dimensioned tine carrier and a high-capacity central gearbox ensure that high driveline torques are transmitted efficiently. Combined with folding coulter rails, this machine is an extremely effective and flexible implement.
The integration of the folding frame has made the machine more compact and optimised weight distribution. The result is an extremely short and compact power harrow that’s up to 30cm shorter than any of its competitors. The centre of gravity is now closer to the rear axle and the weight acting on the front axle is noticeably more positive. The 6002C folds to an outer width of 3.0m so that transport on the road is no problem.
The new power harrow is the answer to today’s standard tractor power outputs of up to 500hp. A newly developed PTO with two-speed gearbox enables a wide speed range. The 6002C series is designed for PTO speeds between 750rpm and 1,300rpm. This ensures that the tractor always runs within its optimum performance range. Reliability is enhanced as a result. A high-capacity gearbox housing provides the necessary cooling.
The rotor speeds vary between 320rpm and 420rpm. This ensures perfect working results while reducing fuel consumption. Thanks to its strongly dimensioned external gearbox, the power harrow is approved for tractor outputs of up to 500hp. A cam-type clutch on each frame section protects the machine against overload up to 2,200Nm.
No tools are required to adjust the machine. This is done from the side, where an intuitive indicator scale acts as a guide. All you need to do is pull out a lynch pin and adjust the control rod to set the working depth as required. This system allows the working depth to be adjusted at intervals of approximately 1.0cm. Fully hydraulic working depth adjustment is also available as an option. Thanks to the parallel linkage, the levelling board is adjusted automatically when the working depth is changed.
A much appreciated advantage is offered by the levelling board that’s automatically height adjusted by the rear roller. This is completely independent of working depth setting. The levelling board is guided at a consistent pre-defined distance above the soil without changing its distance from the tines or its pre-set height. This patented solution delivers the most level and uniform tilth structure for the seedbed, even in varying soil conditions.
Seedbed preparation is concluded by one of a wide range of rear rollers. Two tooth packer rollers and two prism packer rollers as well as one pack ring roller are available. On the tooth packer rollers and prism packer rollers there are two different diameters to chose from. Combined with a Pöttinger Aerosem FDD seed drill, this machine becomes a high-output and cost-effective combination delivering perfect sowing results.
- Amazone: Leading the way in autonomous agricultural machinery
- Drone Ag: Latest software supports VR and plant counting
- Paxtons launches on-farm delivery service for original parts
- Tramspread: Wagtail offers safe and versatile hose handling
- Dairy Spares: 60-teat mobile Milk Bar calf feeder added to range
- JCB: £100 million investment in hydrogen engine development
- Pöttinger: New Lion 6002C folding power harrow handles up to 500hp
- Hella: K-LED Nano beacon introduced
- Claas: New features announced for 2022 Jaguar foragers
- Kuhn: Compact and lightweight option added to Venta drill range
- Pöttinger: New Terrasem pneumatic mulch drill offers perfect and efficient sowing
- JCB: Compact mid-range Loadall gets DualTech VT drive
- Väderstad: Spirit 600C InLine combination drill launched
- Claas: Big leap forward for Quadrant square balers
- Pöttinger: SensoSafe protects wildlife and livestock