Kuhn’s new integral furrow press has been on show for the first time in the UK at a cultivation demonstration event in Shropshire.
Available currently for the four-, five- and six-body models of the company’s Vari-Master L in-furrow ploughs, the Duo-Liner operates totally independently of the primary cultivator to offer the possibility of a drill-ready seedbed in a single pass.
Key to the design are two independent hydraulic parallelogram systems that attach the row of dual 600mm diameter press wheels to the plough. Using Kuhn’s Steady Control automatic pressure regulation system, the Duo-Liner imparts up to 90kg of pressure at each pair of wheels to achieve optimum conditioning of the ploughed ground.
The Duo-Liner comes with Kuhn’s KTS 10 control box, enabling the lift and positioning of the Duo-Liner from the tractor cab. Turnover control is fully automated and therefore requires no additional action from the operator at the headland.
- Amazone: Leading the way in autonomous agricultural machinery
- Drone Ag: Latest software supports VR and plant counting
- Paxtons launches on-farm delivery service for original parts
- Tramspread: Wagtail offers safe and versatile hose handling
- Dairy Spares: 60-teat mobile Milk Bar calf feeder added to range
- JCB: £100 million investment in hydrogen engine development
- Pöttinger: New Lion 6002C folding power harrow handles up to 500hp
- Hella: K-LED Nano beacon introduced
- Claas: New features announced for 2022 Jaguar foragers
- Kuhn: Compact and lightweight option added to Venta drill range
- Pöttinger: New Terrasem pneumatic mulch drill offers perfect and efficient sowing
- JCB: Compact mid-range Loadall gets DualTech VT drive
- Väderstad: Spirit 600C InLine combination drill launched
- Claas: Big leap forward for Quadrant square balers
- Pöttinger: SensoSafe protects wildlife and livestock