Michelin’s new AgriBib row crop improved flexion (IF) tyre is now available in five sizes.
Designed specifically for use on self-propelled and trailed sprayers, and on low- to medium-horsepower row-crop tractors from 70hp to 180hp, the new range was launched earlier this year initially in IF 380/90R50 (167A8/B) and IF 320/85R38 (151A8/B) fitments. However, farmers and contractors can now also take advantage of the tyres in IF 380/90R46 (165A8/B), IF 320/90R54 (159A8/B) and IF 320/90R50 (158A8/B) sizes.
This next-generation range offers a higher load capacity than the standard AgriBib Row Crop tyre thanks to its IF-rated casing.
Tyres with an IF rating benefit from a sidewall structure that’s more flexible – allowing operators to carry more load at the same pressure, or to run the same load at a lower pressure when compared to standard tyres of the same size.
“Today’s sprayers have larger and larger tanks to increase productivity and reduce the number of trips a farmer has to make to refill,” Michelin’s customer engineering support manager, Gordon Brookes, said. “To adapt to this new trend, we’ve developed the Michelin AgriBib Row Crop IF range that allows a heavier load capacity to be carried at the same pressure compared to a standard tyre, while having more lugs on the ground and improving traction in muddy conditions.
“When these tyres are used on tractors that don’t need an increase in load, the farmer can also work at a lower pressure due to the IF standard, resulting in reduced soil compaction.”
All tyres in the new range benefit from Michelin Ultraflex technology that ensures a larger tyre footprint to protect the soil – improving crop yield and productivity, while their strengthened sidewalls make them extremely durable when operating at low air pressures.
In comparison to its predecessor, the AgriBib Row Crop IF has 14 per cent greater lug contact in the tread pattern, as well as a 20 per cent larger footprint. It also has a deeper tread depth to improve traction.
Michelin’s AgriBib Row Crop IF range is manufactured at Michelin’s Troyes plant in France.
- Dealerships wanted to meet demand for Tuchel sweepers
- Reekie Ltd takes on Bauer irrigation equipment at Perth and Cupar depots
- Lemken: Steketee hoeing proves valuable in DeltaRow maize
- John Deere: New Gator snow blades and grit spreaders
- Pöttinger: Mechanical crop care range launched
- Michelin: Three new sizes added to AgriBib IF tyre range
- JF Hudson: Silo Crab minimises waste forage
- Collings Brothers representing Merlo again in the East of England
- Mastenbroek: Drainage plan increases yields and reduces black-grass
- Amazone: Flagship Tyrok 400 offers higher speeds for higher outputs
- Lemken: Latest Azurit drill can sow soy beans to sunflower seeds and apply microgranules
- Hutchinsons: Omnia and Claas collaboration extends connectivity ability
- Horsch: New model M expands Avatar drill range
- Yokohama: OHT division to double capacity of new plant in India
- DataConnect: Mixed fleets from five brands now viewable on a single portal of choice