Continental has added two additional sizes to its VF CombineMaster agricultural tyre portfolio. Following the successful uptake of the first three sizes since their launch in 2020, the 620/70R26 and 750/65R26 sizes have been added to complement the range.
“The new tyre sizes are designed for the steering axles of harvesters and for all positions on loader wheels,” Continental agricultural tyre specialist Richard Hutchins said. “The HexaBead technology helps the tyre to grip the rim at lower pressures which can help to reduce soil compaction.”
Combine harvesters have to withstand both cyclical loads in the field and high speeds on the road.
“Even outside the harvesting season, agricultural machinery is needed off the field, for example, to clear snow in the winter,” Mr Hutchins added. “On muddy ground, the VF CombineMaster offers great traction when loading and can be used with 40 per cent less tyre pressure for the same load as a standard tyre, which helps to reduce soil compaction or can carry 40 per cent higher load at the recommended pressure.”
Very high flexion (VF) tyres not only enable farmers to save time and fuel, but also help to reduce soil compaction. VF technology allows the tyre to be used at lower air pressure. This means that the tyre can be driven without pressure adjustment to the weight of the load and the ground without degradation. Thus, VF tyres deliver a constant load capacity even at high speeds and, compared to standard tyres, allow a reduction in tyre pressure while maintaining the same performance. In addition, the combination of Continental’s patented N.flex technology and innovative d.fine lug technology ensures very good flexibility with low vibration at the carcase and high resistance to wear.
The VF CombineMaster also offers exceptionally high core strength due to HexaBead core technology. The hexagonal bead core allows the carcase material to wrap around the bead in a more effective way that improves power transmission.
“The HexaBead core design also maximises the load capacity of the carcase,”Mr Hutchins saids. “The technology was developed specifically for combine front tyres and loaders, and ensures high torque transfer from the rim to the tyre.”
Continental VF CombineMaster tyres sizes
- VF 500/85R24 CFO 167A8/B
- VF 500/85R30 CFO 170A8/B
- VF 600/65R28 CFO 163A8/B
- VF 620/70R26 CFO 173A8/B
- VF 750/65R26 CFO 177A8/B
- Dealerships wanted to meet demand for Tuchel sweepers
- Reekie Ltd takes on Bauer irrigation equipment at Perth and Cupar depots
- Lemken: Steketee hoeing proves valuable in DeltaRow maize
- John Deere: New Gator snow blades and grit spreaders
- Pöttinger: Mechanical crop care range launched
- Michelin: Three new sizes added to AgriBib IF tyre range
- JF Hudson: Silo Crab minimises waste forage
- Collings Brothers representing Merlo again in the East of England
- Mastenbroek: Drainage plan increases yields and reduces black-grass
- Amazone: Flagship Tyrok 400 offers higher speeds for higher outputs
- Lemken: Latest Azurit drill can sow soy beans to sunflower seeds and apply microgranules
- Hutchinsons: Omnia and Claas collaboration extends connectivity ability
- Horsch: New model M expands Avatar drill range
- Yokohama: OHT division to double capacity of new plant in India
- DataConnect: Mixed fleets from five brands now viewable on a single portal of choice