Almost a year since the successful market launch of the Solitair 9+ pneumatic seed drill, Lemken has introduced its new Duo version with a divided seed hopper.
The machine offers a wide range of options for simultaneously spreading seeds, fertiliser and even catch crops. It offers professional arable farming a machine for consistently cost-optimised cash crop seeding.
The seed hopper of the Solitair 9+ Duo holds 1,850 litres. Its capacity can be split 50/50 or 60/40, depending on needs. As a result, two application variants are possible:
- A single-shot version, where seeds and fertiliser are combined downstream from the two metering units in each of the two hopper segments. The different components are guided to the double-disc coulters via a seed pipe and deposited in a seed furrow. This allows a suitable starting dose of fertiliser to be added for winter sowing or a complete fertiliser application for summer sowing. An automatic tramline mechanism is integrated into the distributors.
- A double-shot system, that provides greater deposition flexibility. With this system, the two components flow separately to a double-disc coulter via doubled distributors in two seed pipes. They can then be spread either in a single row, as with the single-shot method, or separately and alternately in two rows following a quick exchange of the tramline cartridge in the distributor. In addition, the deposition depth of every other row can be adjusted separately via the pressure roller up to a difference of 5cm. This allows two different seeds to be placed at different, optimum seeding depths or inter-row fertilisation to be applied while seeding.
The Solitair 9+ Duo is available in working widths of 3.0m and 4.0m. Orders are being accepted now; and full availability is scheduled for January 2022.
- Dealerships wanted to meet demand for Tuchel sweepers
- Reekie Ltd takes on Bauer irrigation equipment at Perth and Cupar depots
- Lemken: Steketee hoeing proves valuable in DeltaRow maize
- John Deere: New Gator snow blades and grit spreaders
- Pöttinger: Mechanical crop care range launched
- Michelin: Three new sizes added to AgriBib IF tyre range
- JF Hudson: Silo Crab minimises waste forage
- Collings Brothers representing Merlo again in the East of England
- Mastenbroek: Drainage plan increases yields and reduces black-grass
- Amazone: Flagship Tyrok 400 offers higher speeds for higher outputs
- Lemken: Latest Azurit drill can sow soy beans to sunflower seeds and apply microgranules
- Hutchinsons: Omnia and Claas collaboration extends connectivity ability
- Horsch: New model M expands Avatar drill range
- Yokohama: OHT division to double capacity of new plant in India
- DataConnect: Mixed fleets from five brands now viewable on a single portal of choice