Kuhn Farm Machinery has extended its range of diet feeders with cross-conveyor feeding with the addition of triple vertical auger models. The four-strong Euromix 3 CL series includes hopper capacities of 28, 33, 39 and 45 cubic metres.
The three vertical augers, along with the polygonal shape of the hopper interior, are specifically designed to achieve rapid break-up of whole bales. Augers are designed with a continuous spiral and are fitted with seven knives with asymmetric teeth that have a self-cleaning effect. The auger knives work against two counter knives for faster chopping and optimum mixing.
All Euromix 3 CL models are included with an anti-overflow ring, increasing the height of the hopper to help prevent the loss of coarse and fibrous fodder during the chopping phases.
Feed distribution is via a large clearance hatch to the right or left of the machine and a broad cross-conveyor with a hydraulic motor at each end. The PVC belt structure of the conveyor ensures a quiet and efficient feed-out and easy maintenance. Rear discharger is also an option, to the right or left of the machine.
Euromix 3 CL models have programmable weighing as standard, allowing pre-set mixing times, storage of ingredients and rations in the system memory, and the accurate control of rationing.
Kuhn’s Intellimix advanced mixer control system is an option on all models. This works via a continuously variable transmission that’s integrated into the tractor controls through ISObus. This allows a reduction in start-up torque by up to 50 per cent and – through automated changes to auger speeds in response to loading – optimises the use of power throughout the mixing and feeding process.
With opening and closing of the hopper door automatically triggering the switch between auto-mix and auto-feed modes, and with auger speed able to be pre-set in relation to varying conditions in the hopper, the operation is fully automated and requires no operator intervention.
- Rolls-Royce: New fuel cell demonstrator will ensure electricity supplies
- New division will focus on Scot JCB’s agricultural customers
- Metos UK: Low-cost in-field sensors drive efficiency
- New Holland: Stage V compact Boomer offering launched
- Lemken: Solitair with divided seed hopper offers greater seeding flexibility
- New Holland: Skid-steer offering celebrates 50 years
- Amazone: New ZA-X and ZA-M mounted spreaders with EasySet 2
- Lemken: New overload protection for ploughs
- Pöttinger: Fourth production plant opens and expansion continues
- Spaldings: New subsoiler point for expanded range of SPL Ultra soil engaging parts
- Kubota: Oliver Beekes appointed southern area dealer manager
- Claas: Investment and co-operation with AgXeed
- JF Hudson: An agricultural storage solution for your tractor
- Kuhn UK: New service manager appointed
- Hutchinsons: Be clever about post-harvest cultivations