Bobcat has launched the company’s new generation R-Series telescopic loader range for agriculture, providing a choice of seven models with Stage V engines. The new telescopic loaders cover maximum lifting capacities between 2.6t and 4.3t, with lifting heights from 6.0m to 8.0m.
This is the latest phase in Bobcat’s revolutionary “Next is Now” programme, combining innovative product development and diversification with more intelligent, more connected technologies and services that reshape how work gets done on the farm.
The new R-Series range of telescopic loaders from Bobcat comprises:
- Compact models – TL26.60, TL30.60 and TL30.70
- Standard models – TL35.70, TL34.65HF, TL38.70HF and TL43.80HF
Bobcat R-Series telescopic loaders offer a premium workspace with a new cab design. The new high-quality, contemporary interior of the cab features stand-out R-Series branding, colours and textures that clearly reflect Bobcat’s DNA. In the ergonomic design, all surfaces have been optimised to offer increased space and visibility. The backlit controls are within easy reach, and they’re quickly identified thanks to their colour coding, which is identical day and night.
Special attention has been paid to the storage spaces. The refrigerated or heated isothermal compartment makes a full day’s work on the farm even more enjoyable. The general soundproofing of the machine is another aspect that’s been worked on, reducing the noise level in the cab by a half as a result.
A new Grammer Maximo Dynamic air suspension seat with heating, featuring a suspended armrest with joystick provides an outstanding ride and high operating comfort. The new LCD colour display provides interactive and streamlined information and is available with a larger seven-inch touchscreen with built-in radio and a phone page that allows the operator to dial their contacts instantly.
For increased safety and easier manoeuvering, the feed from the rear camera is displayed on the display as soon as reverse gear is engaged and the right-hand side electric mirror can also be quickly adjusted from the cab. As a final touch, a full LED light pack gives 360-degree visibility and turns night into day for the operator.
The new Bobcat multifunctional joystick enables faster operations. The FNR button located at the back of the joystick is easily controlled using the index finger, allowing the operator to use their thumb to actuate the usual boom and auxiliary functions and new smart functions such as Auto Grab, the bucket shaking feature, the boom float and the speed-shifting system.
All R-Series telescopic loaders now feature a new engine hood with a steeper profile that increases visibility and reduces blind spots by 15 per cent on the right-hand side of the machines. This provides excellent unobstructed visibility from the cab, allowing the driver to move around the farm and the yard with ease.
The high visibility from the cab is further optimised with 360-degree LED work lights, the best-in-class boom speeds, the powerful transmission and automated boom movements on the new Bobcat R-Series telescopic loaders, allowing farmers to complete their work more efficiently and in less time. The R-Series telescopic loaders also offer a range of new and proven operating functions to provide more intelligent control and higher productivity.
The new Job Manager functionality allows the operator to save and recall custom settings for different attachments or applications to quickly work with the best machine settings such as Auxiliary flows in/out, Boom speeds, Auto Grab, Creep or Reverse fan timing.
To fully exploit the high productivity of Bobcat R-Series telescopic loaders, the operator can quickly shift from smooth drive to Dynamic drive where more rapid machine performance is required, with faster forward and backward shifting and more rapid acceleration and deceleration phases. The Flex Drive mode uses the hand throttle to bring a new dimension to driving the telehandler, with the forward speed managed independently from the engine speed with the right pedal and no need to play with the left inching pedal in the approach phase.
A new fourth mode called “Semi-crab” allows the operator to keep the rear wheels in a desired position and to steer the machine with the front wheels. This new mode simplifies cleaning alongside the walls of animal stalls and when working on silage pits.
There are also three new automated boom functions:
- Max lift angle: The operator sets the desired max boom angle to limit the working area at height. This feature helps to prevent collisions when working in low ceiling buildings.
- Return to ground: With this function, the operator sets the desired work position (angle of the boom retracted). As the boom is lowered, it self-retracts and stops when the memorized position is reached. This feature allows the operator to start working more quickly and avoids damaging the ground or attachment.
- Auto grab: With this feature, there is no need for the operator to keep their thumb on the roller to open or close the grapple bucket or any kind of clamp attachment. Instead, the operator simply needs to over-press the roller and the action is carried out automatically.
In the new R-Series telescopic loaders, Bobcat has retained the well-accepted and very successful box-welded frame design – with steel plate protection at the base of the machine – a signature feature of all Bobcat loaders. This box frame design protects the transmission and hydraulics, and the machine’s very low centre of gravity ensures exceptional work stability. Thanks to the combination of well-balanced machines, a low centre of gravity, a heavy counterweight and a long wheelbase, Bobcat R-Series telescopic loaders can handle heavy loads at any height, easily and safely.
Access to the engine compartment has also been improved, enabling easier maintenance. Under the hood, R-Series telescopic loaders are powered by new upgraded versions of the Bobcat D34 Stage V engine, utilising diesel particulate filter after-treatment, that’s automatically regenerated with no impact on performance and no disturbance for operators.
The new R-Series telescopic loaders are available with a choice of four different Agri finishing levels. The equipment in each pack is clearly defined and is intended to meet different levels of customer expectations in terms of ease of use and level of comfort. The new Agri 4 Star pack is equipped with all of the new comfort and productivity equipment of this new generation of machines. It targets the most demanding farmers and aspires to build a brand image of excellence in farming machinery.
As with all new Bobcat telescopic loaders, the R-Series offers customers peace of mind with a three-year warranty (or 3,000 hours) on the entire machine as standard from the factory, extendable to five years and 5,000 hours. Bobcat is the only manufacturer to provide a three-year warranty as standard, allowing customers to focus entirely on growing their farming business without worrying about their machines.
- Rolls-Royce: New fuel cell demonstrator will ensure electricity supplies
- New division will focus on Scot JCB’s agricultural customers
- Metos UK: Low-cost in-field sensors drive efficiency
- New Holland: Stage V compact Boomer offering launched
- Lemken: Solitair with divided seed hopper offers greater seeding flexibility
- New Holland: Skid-steer offering celebrates 50 years
- Amazone: New ZA-X and ZA-M mounted spreaders with EasySet 2
- Lemken: New overload protection for ploughs
- Pöttinger: Fourth production plant opens and expansion continues
- Spaldings: New subsoiler point for expanded range of SPL Ultra soil engaging parts
- Kubota: Oliver Beekes appointed southern area dealer manager
- Claas: Investment and co-operation with AgXeed
- JF Hudson: An agricultural storage solution for your tractor
- Kuhn UK: New service manager appointed
- Hutchinsons: Be clever about post-harvest cultivations