ProCam has strengthened its UK technical team with the appointment of Rebecca Tunnicliffe as trials officer responsible for farmer-focused research.
With four years’ experience in agricultural field trials, Ms Tunnicliffe, who’s based near Pickering in Yorkshire, and who was raised on a mixed farm in the area, also has a degree in biology from the University of Lincoln.
At ProCam, Ms Tunnicliffe will be responsible for managing field-based research into areas such as safeguarding crop output and soil health. She’ll work on crops including cereals, root crops, forage maize and cover crops, and in areas such as crop nutrition, disease and weed control, and the evaluation of varieties and other agronomic techniques.
As well as managing research at the company’s main trials hub at the Stockbridge Technology Centre, at Cawood, Yorkshire, Ms Tunnicliffe will also oversee ProCam’s network of on-farm trials around the UK.
“Results from our trials are used to equip our UK-wide agronomist team with the latest technical knowledge to help them when advising farmers,” she said.
“Part of our research includes trials to gain a first-hand insight into how new crop protection and other inputs perform before they come onto the market. In this way, our agronomists can help growers to get the best from them as soon as they are launched.
“In addition to this, we are also looking into other ways of providing solutions to real-life farming challenges. I get to carry out trials that are catered directly to farmers’ needs.”
Commenting on the appointment, ProCam UK managing director Diane Heath said farming faced undoubted challenges, but also multiple opportunities.
“In both cases, research is a key part of being able to maintain top-level agronomic advice, and Rebecca’s appointment underlines our ongoing commitment to this,” she added.
- Dealerships wanted to meet demand for Tuchel sweepers
- Reekie Ltd takes on Bauer irrigation equipment at Perth and Cupar depots
- Lemken: Steketee hoeing proves valuable in DeltaRow maize
- John Deere: New Gator snow blades and grit spreaders
- Pöttinger: Mechanical crop care range launched
- Michelin: Three new sizes added to AgriBib IF tyre range
- JF Hudson: Silo Crab minimises waste forage
- Collings Brothers representing Merlo again in the East of England
- Mastenbroek: Drainage plan increases yields and reduces black-grass
- Amazone: Flagship Tyrok 400 offers higher speeds for higher outputs
- Lemken: Latest Azurit drill can sow soy beans to sunflower seeds and apply microgranules
- Hutchinsons: Omnia and Claas collaboration extends connectivity ability
- Horsch: New model M expands Avatar drill range
- Yokohama: OHT division to double capacity of new plant in India
- DataConnect: Mixed fleets from five brands now viewable on a single portal of choice