The introduction of Merlo’s all-new TF65.9 TCS170-HF telehandler marks a significant addition to the company’s heavy-duty range of telescopic handlers. This new model is well suited for those handling a high volume of materials in the large-scale agricultural, aggregate, renewable energy, timber and waste sectors.
The TF65.9 TCS170-HF has been developed specifically with these demanding applications in mind. Offering a maximum lift capacity of 6.5t and a maximum lift height of 8.80m, this new heavy-duty handler is said to offer class-leading performance. The introduction of this new model complements and expands the offering from Merlo in this growing high-capacity sector.
Fitted with a four-cylinder, 4.5 litre FPT turbo diesel engine producing a maximum of 170hp, operators can be sure of having sufficient power for the most demanding of tasks. The Stage V engine is equipped with both diesel particulate filter technology and a selective catalytic reduction system.
The renowned Merlo hydrostatic transmission is fitted as standard along with the innovative EPD TOP (Eco Power Drive) electronic transmission control. This feature allows the operator to select to automatic engine response while using the hydraulic functions, giving efficient and the right amount of power for all actions. Furthermore, it’s possible to activate the Eco and Speed Control functions in order to maximise ease of use and overall performance all while minimising fuel consumption. A maximum transport speed of 40km/hr is standard.
The new TF65.9 TCS170-HF is also equipped with Merlo’s brand new Adaptive Stability Control System (ASCS). This comes as standard with an in cab 10.1-inch LCD colour screen that displays the load dynamic and capacity chart, which is updated in real time. The information from the load being lifted, attachment in use and the machine stability index.
This feature also allows:
> adjustment of the reaction & speed of hydraulic functions;
> setting and defining of possible load capacities for each attachment; and
> recording and storing the load cycle data.
A new load-sensing and flow-sharing hydraulic system High Flow (HF) is fitted as standard. Utilising a high-capacity 160 lit/min variable-displacement heavy duty hydraulic pump offers responsive and high output hydraulic for the most demanding of tasks.
Additionally the new model can be specified with the MCVTronic CVT transmission. This Merlo designed and built feature increases the torque at the wheels at low speeds, for maximum pushing power, while optimising efficiency at higher speeds such as those used for transport.
The Merlo designed and manufactured cab is of modular type construction with a roomy overall internal width of 1,010mm, making it one of the largest on the market. Operator comfort is further enhanced with the patented CS cab suspension fitted as standard. This Merlo pioneered hydro-pneumatic system maximises comfort for the operator by reducing vibration, shock loads and fatigue, helping maintain operator safety.
The TF65.9TCS170-HF is available to order now.
- Amazone: Leading the way in autonomous agricultural machinery
- Drone Ag: Latest software supports VR and plant counting
- Paxtons launches on-farm delivery service for original parts
- Tramspread: Wagtail offers safe and versatile hose handling
- Dairy Spares: 60-teat mobile Milk Bar calf feeder added to range
- JCB: £100 million investment in hydrogen engine development
- Pöttinger: New Lion 6002C folding power harrow handles up to 500hp
- Hella: K-LED Nano beacon introduced
- Claas: New features announced for 2022 Jaguar foragers
- Kuhn: Compact and lightweight option added to Venta drill range
- Pöttinger: New Terrasem pneumatic mulch drill offers perfect and efficient sowing
- JCB: Compact mid-range Loadall gets DualTech VT drive
- Väderstad: Spirit 600C InLine combination drill launched
- Claas: Big leap forward for Quadrant square balers
- Pöttinger: SensoSafe protects wildlife and livestock