The latest technological updates to Kuhn Farm Machinery’s forage and straw baling equipment have been designed to improve control of product quality and/or operational efficiency.
Kuhn’s VB variable chamber balers and VBP BalePack variable chamber baler-wrapper combinations are now available with the option of a humidity sensor. This can measure forage composition up to a level of 40 per cent moisture, providing a useful way to monitor a crop’s suitability to hit a target dry matter. The humidity sensor is available on all models in the VB and VBP ranges from 2021, and will be retrofittable onto 2021 machines and beyond.
VB balers and VBP Balepack baler-wrapper combinations are equipped with Kuhn’s progressive density baling chambers and are suitable for handling a range of wet and dry crops: from hay and straw (five to 20 per cent moisture), to haylage (18 to 35 per cent moisture) and silage (35 to 80 per cent moisture).
Since 2020, the VBP BalePack has been available with Kuhn’s award-winning film binding system as an alternative to net binding. This system has been successfully deployed for several years on the FBP BalePack and the compact i-Bio baler-wrapper combination.
A bale weighing system is also being launched as an option on Kuhn’s FBP BalePack and VBP BalePack baler-wrapper combinations from 2021 onwards. Mounted on the wrapping table, this technology weighs each bale and provides a rolling average of the previous three bales, allowing an estimation of total production of forage or straw.
Meanwhile, technological developments on Kuhn’s SB square baler range include an adaptation of the pick-up to improve intake and an expansion of the bale channel to increase the consistency of bale density.
At the intake end, the new power feed roller actively follows the height of the swath and the overall tine-to-tine width within the pick-up has been increased. This improves the consistency of crop flow to the rotor, removing peaks in power demand and reducing the risk of blockages.
At the output end, the bale channel length is now 375cm and includes a total of nine cylinders. This ensures consistency in bale density, particularly when baling very dry material.
- Limagrain UK: A new high yielder for biscuit wheat growers
- Continental: Tyre technology to improve harvest efficiency
- Kuhn: Appointment strengthens presence on Anglesey
- Anpario: Trial shows oregano essential oil can increase milk production and decrease SCCs
- Hutchinsons: TerraMap Carbon field mapping service now available
- Amazone: UX SmartSprayer offers spot weed treatment at field level
- Terravesta: Miscanthus finance and end-user agreements assist UK decarbonisation
- Merlo: New heavy-duty TF65.9 TCS170-HF joins telehandler range
- ProCam: Agronomy firm strengthens team for farmer-focused research
- Naïo Technologies: Another step towards a beet-weeding robot
- Bobcat: New range of small articulated loaders revealed
- BASF: Control rats in just seven days
- Agco Power: Major investment in engine manufacturing
- Bobcat: New compact wheeled loader wins global design award
- Pöttinger: Next machine management in the field