The latest technological updates to Kuhn Farm Machinery’s forage and straw baling equipment have been designed to improve control of product quality and/or operational efficiency.
Kuhn’s VB variable chamber balers and VBP BalePack variable chamber baler-wrapper combinations are now available with the option of a humidity sensor. This can measure forage composition up to a level of 40 per cent moisture, providing a useful way to monitor a crop’s suitability to hit a target dry matter. The humidity sensor is available on all models in the VB and VBP ranges from 2021, and will be retrofittable onto 2021 machines and beyond.
VB balers and VBP Balepack baler-wrapper combinations are equipped with Kuhn’s progressive density baling chambers and are suitable for handling a range of wet and dry crops: from hay and straw (five to 20 per cent moisture), to haylage (18 to 35 per cent moisture) and silage (35 to 80 per cent moisture).
Since 2020, the VBP BalePack has been available with Kuhn’s award-winning film binding system as an alternative to net binding. This system has been successfully deployed for several years on the FBP BalePack and the compact i-Bio baler-wrapper combination.
A bale weighing system is also being launched as an option on Kuhn’s FBP BalePack and VBP BalePack baler-wrapper combinations from 2021 onwards. Mounted on the wrapping table, this technology weighs each bale and provides a rolling average of the previous three bales, allowing an estimation of total production of forage or straw.
Meanwhile, technological developments on Kuhn’s SB square baler range include an adaptation of the pick-up to improve intake and an expansion of the bale channel to increase the consistency of bale density.
At the intake end, the new power feed roller actively follows the height of the swath and the overall tine-to-tine width within the pick-up has been increased. This improves the consistency of crop flow to the rotor, removing peaks in power demand and reducing the risk of blockages.
At the output end, the bale channel length is now 375cm and includes a total of nine cylinders. This ensures consistency in bale density, particularly when baling very dry material.
- Amazone: Leading the way in autonomous agricultural machinery
- Drone Ag: Latest software supports VR and plant counting
- Paxtons launches on-farm delivery service for original parts
- Tramspread: Wagtail offers safe and versatile hose handling
- Dairy Spares: 60-teat mobile Milk Bar calf feeder added to range
- JCB: £100 million investment in hydrogen engine development
- Pöttinger: New Lion 6002C folding power harrow handles up to 500hp
- Hella: K-LED Nano beacon introduced
- Claas: New features announced for 2022 Jaguar foragers
- Kuhn: Compact and lightweight option added to Venta drill range
- Pöttinger: New Terrasem pneumatic mulch drill offers perfect and efficient sowing
- JCB: Compact mid-range Loadall gets DualTech VT drive
- Väderstad: Spirit 600C InLine combination drill launched
- Claas: Big leap forward for Quadrant square balers
- Pöttinger: SensoSafe protects wildlife and livestock