The FC9330RA is Kuhn’s new mounted mower conditioner combination with fully integrated swath grouping units capable of delivering the machine’s 9.3m cut into one swath in a single pass.
To ensure full adaptability according to forage type, prevailing conditions or the pick-up width of forage harvesters and balers, the swath width can be adjusted between 1.8m and 3.6m, or the groupers can be lifted out of work to leave the cut and conditioned grass spread. When working at the headlands, one of the two conveyors making up the grouper can be operated independently with the other out of work.
The grouper attachment has been designed with a new frame and support arm configuration, compared with earlier models, to make the overall unit more compact and stable. Significant weight savings have been achieved with the use of aluminium in the conveyor belt frames.
The conveyor belts are driven by two pumps supplied by a dedicated tank integrated into the central frame, with all other operational functions (folding, lifting/lowering at the headlands, suspension) driven by a hydraulic unit connected to the tractor. This design avoids significant hydraulic requirements during work, eliminates over-heating and increases responsiveness of all machine functions.
Ground-following accuracy and cutting precision of the mowing units is aided by Kuhn’s Lift Control hydro-pneumatic suspension system and Optidisc cutter bars. The two rear units each have a 3.5m operating width and the front-mounted unit is 3.1m. A generous 42cm overlap on each side ensures complete coverage when working on bends and slopes and gives an overall effective working width of 9.3m.
Pivoting steel finger conditioning units are easily adjusted to suit forage and weather conditions using two lever-controlled speeds. A transfer plate is situation between the conditioners and the conveyor belts to prevent any crop loss.
Control and monitoring of all machine functions can be carried out through an ISObus compatible on-board terminal or by using one of Kuhn’s CCI 800 or CCI 1200 control units. The most common actions can also be controlled by Kuhn’s CCI A3 joystick that has an integrated screen for displaying key functions. An integrated inclinometer can automatically control the conveyor belt speed according to the steepness of slopes.
LED work lights are included as standard.
- Amazone: Leading the way in autonomous agricultural machinery
- Drone Ag: Latest software supports VR and plant counting
- Paxtons launches on-farm delivery service for original parts
- Tramspread: Wagtail offers safe and versatile hose handling
- Dairy Spares: 60-teat mobile Milk Bar calf feeder added to range
- JCB: £100 million investment in hydrogen engine development
- Pöttinger: New Lion 6002C folding power harrow handles up to 500hp
- Hella: K-LED Nano beacon introduced
- Claas: New features announced for 2022 Jaguar foragers
- Kuhn: Compact and lightweight option added to Venta drill range
- Pöttinger: New Terrasem pneumatic mulch drill offers perfect and efficient sowing
- JCB: Compact mid-range Loadall gets DualTech VT drive
- Väderstad: Spirit 600C InLine combination drill launched
- Claas: Big leap forward for Quadrant square balers
- Pöttinger: SensoSafe protects wildlife and livestock