The Yokohama Rubber Co has consolidated its various off-highway businesses into one single entity – Yokohama Off-Highway Tires (YOHT). This includes the Alliance Tire Group (ATG) – with its Alliance, Galaxy and Primex brands – that Yokohama bought four years ago.
YOHT has released a new corporate identity that draws on the 100-year plus legacy of Yokohama while underlining its own distinct space in the off-highway tyre segment. This has replaced ATG branding globally.
YOHT director Nitin Mantri said the consolidation of the businesses would be strongly supported by the new identity of the company globally.
“This will result in closer integration of the brand equity and technological expertise of Yokohama with the strengths of companies grouped under ATG; namely – strong sales network, diverse product line up and superior cost competitiveness,” he added. “This rebranding exercise collectively reflects our successful past while embracing new-age values.”
YOHT has a global footprint with the leadership team based in Tokyo, Boston, Amsterdam and Mumbai. The new unified global entity will offer a full-range of off-highway tyres (including Alliance and Galaxy in the agricultural sector), from small forklift tires to ultra-large radial off-road tires, to meet a wide range of customer needs for construction and industrial vehicles as well as agricultural and forestry machinery.
YOHT will be supported by Yokohama Group’s global off-highway tyre production network of eight plants in four countries and three R&D facilities in Japan, India and the USA.
- Mtech Digital Solutions: SimplyCow mobile app for dairy herd management
- Kverneland: Soil testing kit offers grower insights
- SpaceSense: New satellite imagery partnership with Hutchinsons
- New Holland: Updates announced for MyPLM Connect Farm platform
- Merlo: New pricing structure for spare parts
- Corteva Agriscience: Inatreq active approved in the UK
- Limagrain: UK sugar beet portfolio expanded
- Kubota: L1 and L2 series tractors now available with Stage V power
- DLG: Agritechnica postponed until February 2022
- Martin Lishman: Barn Owl Wireless eases grain store management
- Hella: Valuefit work lamp series expanded
- Continental: Fendt tractors now available with Conti TractorMaster tyres
- New Holland: Farmers invited to the Youniverse digital agricultural fair
- NatCap Research: Online tool helps farmers build their biodiversity and net zero carbon strategies
- BKT: The right tyres for sandy and stony land