McConnel has extended its remote-control (RC) product line-up of with the introduction of the new Robocut2 RC40.
This new, mid-range, 40hp Robocut bridges the gap between McConnel’s smallest, 28hp fine-turf remote control mower and the larger 56hp and 75hp, heavy-duty RC mulchers.
Designed especially for tackling tough terrain, the Robocut2 RC40 features a low centre of gravity design and durable rubber tracks that make it an outstanding and flexible mowing machine, capable of mastering slopes up to 55 degrees while enhancing operator safety by removing them from the danger zone.
Power comes from a 40hp, three-cylinder, Yanmar diesel engine that uses a diesel particulate filter (DPF) system to ensure it meets the latest Stage V emissions regulations without the need for AdBlue.
The hydrostatic drive features two speed range, with speeds up to 4km/hr in range one and up to 7km/hr in range two. Track options include: standard-rubber; super-rubber; studded; and spiked. These allow the Robocut2 RC40 to work on slopes up to 55 degrees in any direction.
Twin roll-over protection bars and fully enclosed, all-metal body panels not only prevent the ingress of dust and debris, but also provide outstanding protection and durability when working in harsh conditions.
A Hetronic handheld remote-control unit provides intuitive and easy-to-master control of RC40 and offers a working range of 150m. Two large joysticks provide control of motion, steering and attachment control, while key features such as gearing, rotor speed, speed sensitivity, radiator self-cleaning and emergency stop can all be accessed at the touch of a button.
The new RC40 is compatible with a comprehensive range of cutting attachments including the 1.3m and 1.6m grass flailheads, and 1.3m mulching flailhead. Further attachments such as stump grinders, trenchers, material handling and snow blowers transform the RC40 into a versatile remote-control work platform that increases safety, productivity and efficiency in a wide range of applications.
The Robocut2 RC40 is in full production and available now through McConnel’s extensive distribution network. Prices start at £48,500 (correct at March 2021).
- Dealerships wanted to meet demand for Tuchel sweepers
- Reekie Ltd takes on Bauer irrigation equipment at Perth and Cupar depots
- Lemken: Steketee hoeing proves valuable in DeltaRow maize
- John Deere: New Gator snow blades and grit spreaders
- Pöttinger: Mechanical crop care range launched
- Michelin: Three new sizes added to AgriBib IF tyre range
- JF Hudson: Silo Crab minimises waste forage
- Collings Brothers representing Merlo again in the East of England
- Mastenbroek: Drainage plan increases yields and reduces black-grass
- Amazone: Flagship Tyrok 400 offers higher speeds for higher outputs
- Lemken: Latest Azurit drill can sow soy beans to sunflower seeds and apply microgranules
- Hutchinsons: Omnia and Claas collaboration extends connectivity ability
- Horsch: New model M expands Avatar drill range
- Yokohama: OHT division to double capacity of new plant in India
- DataConnect: Mixed fleets from five brands now viewable on a single portal of choice