The Azurit 9 precision seed drill from Lemken allows tramlines to be created with very flexible spacings and rhythms thanks to its DeltaRow concept, and now an online tramline configurator is available to support the set-up.
Lemken’s new configurator assists farmers in calculating tramlines, as it determines how many rows need to be switched off and where. The Azurit, unlike conventional precision seed drills, uses the unique DeltaRow method, in which each seed row consists of two staggered sub-rows 12.5cm apart. If one of the twin rows is deactivated, the distance between rows increases from 62.5 to 75cm.
At the same time, double the amount of seeds is placed in the other twin row, so that the number of plants per square metre should remain the same. If the operator deactivates another twin row in the tramline on the other side of the track, the tramline width is increased to 87.5cm. This distance allows farmers to work with wide tyres that protect the soil.
All this is easily planned with the tramline configurator, which only needs the implement working width, the track width and the distance of plants to the tyre edge to be entered. The benefits for farmers are obvious: all tracks are placed correctly; there’s less risk of driving into tramlines incorrectly during crop care treatments; crop and quality losses caused by passes are minimised; and ultimately the overall area output is increased.
The tramline configurators for the Azurit 9 and the seed drills from the Solitair 25 series are available for use with any ISObus terminal, free of charge, at:
- Mtech Digital Solutions: SimplyCow mobile app for dairy herd management
- Kverneland: Soil testing kit offers grower insights
- SpaceSense: New satellite imagery partnership with Hutchinsons
- New Holland: Updates announced for MyPLM Connect Farm platform
- Merlo: New pricing structure for spare parts
- Corteva Agriscience: Inatreq active approved in the UK
- Limagrain: UK sugar beet portfolio expanded
- Kubota: L1 and L2 series tractors now available with Stage V power
- DLG: Agritechnica postponed until February 2022
- Martin Lishman: Barn Owl Wireless eases grain store management
- Hella: Valuefit work lamp series expanded
- Continental: Fendt tractors now available with Conti TractorMaster tyres
- New Holland: Farmers invited to the Youniverse digital agricultural fair
- NatCap Research: Online tool helps farmers build their biodiversity and net zero carbon strategies
- BKT: The right tyres for sandy and stony land