A new partnership between German manufacturers Continental and Fendt means that all new 200 and 300 series tractors are now available with Continental TractorMaster tyres. The move is yet another boost to the investment Continental has made to produce tyres with new technology at its dedicated agricultural production facility at Lousado, Portugal.
“This partnership with Fendt further strengthens the Continental tyre range for agriculture,” Continental’s UK agricultural sales manager, Richard Hutchins, said. “It also demonstrates that the research and development we’ve carried out at our production plant in Lousado has attracted the interest and support of one of agriculture’s most influential brands.”
The TractorMaster tyres feature NFlex Technology, a patent-pending, heat-treated nylon that sits beneath the tyre rubber to help it return to its original shape after impact and heavy use. A further technological development is in the wire, or ‘bead’, that helps the tyre hold the rim of the wheel. Many agricultural tyres use as many as 10 individual wires to create one bead, which can cause weaknesses at the joins. The Continental bead, however, is made of a single wire construction wrapped around the circumference of the tyre up to one hundred times creating an agricultural tyre that holds the rim, even when run at very low pressure.
“The bead is as important as the rubber and nylon in a tyre,” Mr Hutchins added. “Our research showed that tyres with a single wire bead can operate at up to 3psi lower. In field operations, this increases the footprint area which reduces soil compaction.”
Fendt, which has its base at Marktoberdorf, Germany, and has been part of Agco since 2009. It becomes the second OEM from Agco to partner with Contnental as Valtra’s tractors have been equipped with Continental tyres since 2018.
Fendt’s UK marketing manager, Charlotte Ellis, said she welcomed partnerships with innovative suppliers that could help the brand’s products perform more efficiently in the field and on the road.
“Tyres are an extremely important part of any tractor and the new technology in Continental’s TractorMaster tyres shows how research and development is helping to drive agricultural efficiencies,” she added.
Available tyre sizes for the Fendt 200 and 300 series from Continental include 600/65R38 and 540/65R24, as well as 540/65R34 and 440/65R24. These are available now, and can be specified on all new models in the range.
- Dealerships wanted to meet demand for Tuchel sweepers
- Reekie Ltd takes on Bauer irrigation equipment at Perth and Cupar depots
- Lemken: Steketee hoeing proves valuable in DeltaRow maize
- John Deere: New Gator snow blades and grit spreaders
- Pöttinger: Mechanical crop care range launched
- Michelin: Three new sizes added to AgriBib IF tyre range
- JF Hudson: Silo Crab minimises waste forage
- Collings Brothers representing Merlo again in the East of England
- Mastenbroek: Drainage plan increases yields and reduces black-grass
- Amazone: Flagship Tyrok 400 offers higher speeds for higher outputs
- Lemken: Latest Azurit drill can sow soy beans to sunflower seeds and apply microgranules
- Hutchinsons: Omnia and Claas collaboration extends connectivity ability
- Horsch: New model M expands Avatar drill range
- Yokohama: OHT division to double capacity of new plant in India
- DataConnect: Mixed fleets from five brands now viewable on a single portal of choice