New Holland has extended its BigBaler 1290 High Density range with a new Packer model that features three three-tine packer forks manufactured with heavy-duty components that ensure durability while matching the baler’s high throughput. The new machine delivers the same all-out productivity and efficiency of the BigBaler 1290 High Density CropCutter models.
“The BigBaler 1290 High Density is a milestone of excellence beyond statistics,” New Holland’s European product hay and forage marketing manager, Alessio Merlo, said. “It was launched at Agritechnica in 2019 and immediately crowned ‘Machine of the Year’. It has received a host of prizes and accolades, including the 2021 AE50 Award for design, and most importantly it has won wide customer recognition for its patented LoopMaster technology and extraordinary bale density, and now we have completed our offering with the new high-capacity Packer model that delivers the same superior performance.”
New Holland has led the large square baler segment for more than 30 years, during which time it has introduced a host of industry firsts that have changed baling. These are innovations such as double-knot technology, electronic proportional density control, full bale eject functionality and the very first 80cm x 90cm bale size, which have since become industry standards. In November 2020, New Holland produced its 30,000th large square baler at its Zedelgem plant in Belgium – a record milestone testament to the brand’s long history of baling excellence.
The BigBaler 1290 High Density CropCutter and Packer models set the standards of productivity and comfort. They produce bales of up to 22 per cent higher density than conventional large square balers, significantly increasing transport and bale handling efficiency. The MaxiSweep pick-up helps feeding crop at higher rates, resulting in increased capacity and performance. The unique SmartShift gearbox, winner of the Agritechnica Silver Medal 2019, delivers a soft start up resulting in greater comfort for the operator and overload protection for the tractor’s driveline.
The unique patented LoopMaster knotting technology, meanwhile, ensures best-in-class solid binding and protects the environment and the forage by eliminating twine offcuts. The short drawbar concept ensures excellent visibility for the operator and manoeuvrability. Comfort is further enhanced with a new intuitive user interface using the large IntelliView IV touchscreen display. A range of automated features, such as the IntelliCruise system that automatically adjusts tractor speed to suit conditions, add to the productivity and comfort of BigBaler 1290 High Density models.
- Mtech Digital Solutions: SimplyCow mobile app for dairy herd management
- Kverneland: Soil testing kit offers grower insights
- SpaceSense: New satellite imagery partnership with Hutchinsons
- New Holland: Updates announced for MyPLM Connect Farm platform
- Merlo: New pricing structure for spare parts
- Corteva Agriscience: Inatreq active approved in the UK
- Limagrain: UK sugar beet portfolio expanded
- Kubota: L1 and L2 series tractors now available with Stage V power
- DLG: Agritechnica postponed until February 2022
- Martin Lishman: Barn Owl Wireless eases grain store management
- Hella: Valuefit work lamp series expanded
- Continental: Fendt tractors now available with Conti TractorMaster tyres
- New Holland: Farmers invited to the Youniverse digital agricultural fair
- NatCap Research: Online tool helps farmers build their biodiversity and net zero carbon strategies
- BKT: The right tyres for sandy and stony land