Hutchinsons has appointed Gary Mills-Thomas’s as arable business director, a move the company says reflects its ambitions to accelerate the growth of the business, through continued focus upon outstanding agronomic advice, in conjunction with the continuing development of a wide range of specialist services.
Previously Syngenta’s country head for the UK and Ireland for eight years, he brings a wealth of experience to the role at Hutchinsons gained through a 30 years of leadership roles at Syngenta’s seed and crop protection business.
“I’m excited to be joining a business that’s so heavily committed to investing in the future of agronomic advice and supply,” Mr Mills-Thomas said, “not just through its innovative technologies, products and services such as Omnia and TerraMap, but also through its investment in the training and development of its people, which in my view can’t be matched anywhere else in the industry.”
Hutchinsons’ chairman, David Hutchinson, said that as the business planned for the future, it was essential that the company continued to develop and deliver the most profitable, innovative and environmentally sustainable crop production solutions to farmers.
“To do this, we’ll continue to invest in our people and services to match our customers’ needs, and we’re delighted that Gary shares this vision,” he added.
- Limagrain UK: A new high yielder for biscuit wheat growers
- Continental: Tyre technology to improve harvest efficiency
- Kuhn: Appointment strengthens presence on Anglesey
- Anpario: Trial shows oregano essential oil can increase milk production and decrease SCCs
- Hutchinsons: TerraMap Carbon field mapping service now available
- Amazone: UX SmartSprayer offers spot weed treatment at field level
- Terravesta: Miscanthus finance and end-user agreements assist UK decarbonisation
- Merlo: New heavy-duty TF65.9 TCS170-HF joins telehandler range
- ProCam: Agronomy firm strengthens team for farmer-focused research
- Naïo Technologies: Another step towards a beet-weeding robot
- Bobcat: New range of small articulated loaders revealed
- BASF: Control rats in just seven days
- Agco Power: Major investment in engine manufacturing
- Bobcat: New compact wheeled loader wins global design award
- Pöttinger: Next machine management in the field