Adama has launched a novel prothioconazole fungicide that uses a unique formulation to offer improved cereal and OSR disease control compared to the current market leader.
Soratel (250 g/lit prothioconazole) features the company’s new Asorbital formulation technology that comprises a unique combination of two solvents and an adjuvant. This novel formulation, which was developed at Adama’s global R&D facility at Neot Hovav, Israel, improves uptake of the fungicide into the leaf and enables excellent systemic movement of the active ingredient through the plant to the site of action against fungal cells.
“With the spring rapidly approaching, our global research and development and product registration teams have been working around the clock to make Soratel available to UK growers in time for the new spraying season,” Adama’s fungicide product manager in the UK, Mel Wardle, said.
“Our mission wasn’t simply to bring yet another generic prothioconazole product to the market, but to develop an all-new formulation of this tried and tested active ingredient that offers real and tangible benefits above and beyond those already available from other prothioconazole based fungicides.”
EU trials have shown that, gram for gram per hectare, Soratel consistently and reliably provides a notable improvement in disease control under a range of conditions compared to the current market leading prothioconazole product.
“Specifically, under UK conditions, trials have shown that Soratel is up to 13 per cent more efficacious against fusarium than the current market leader, with similar results also reported when used to treat sclerotinia in oilseed rape growing in a maritime climate,” Ms Wardle added.
Soratel can be used as a standalone product or as a tank mix partner with other fungicides to deliver a broader spectrum of activity and reliable disease control.
“It offers a flexible range of application opportunities in cereals and oilseed rape and can be used at a wide range of treatment timings to provide improved protection against a broad spectrum of key diseases,” Ms Wardle said.
- Mtech Digital Solutions: SimplyCow mobile app for dairy herd management
- Kverneland: Soil testing kit offers grower insights
- SpaceSense: New satellite imagery partnership with Hutchinsons
- New Holland: Updates announced for MyPLM Connect Farm platform
- Merlo: New pricing structure for spare parts
- Corteva Agriscience: Inatreq active approved in the UK
- Limagrain: UK sugar beet portfolio expanded
- Kubota: L1 and L2 series tractors now available with Stage V power
- DLG: Agritechnica postponed until February 2022
- Martin Lishman: Barn Owl Wireless eases grain store management
- Hella: Valuefit work lamp series expanded
- Continental: Fendt tractors now available with Conti TractorMaster tyres
- New Holland: Farmers invited to the Youniverse digital agricultural fair
- NatCap Research: Online tool helps farmers build their biodiversity and net zero carbon strategies
- BKT: The right tyres for sandy and stony land