Pöttinger has further expanded its range of Aerosem pneumatic seed drills with the introduction of new 4.0 and 5.0m folding versions that are used with a front hopper.
Convenient operation was a major point of focus of this new development, making settings such as working depth, coulter pressure and seed rate calibration easy to perform, and mounting and removing the machine as easy as possible.
Thanks to the short and compact design of the power harrow and coulter rail, the centre of gravity of the machine is very close to the tractor’s rear axle, while the use of the front hopper ensures the machines meet the market’s specifications and expectations in terms of output.
The newly developed front hopper opens up two completely new applications. The front hopper is fitted with an airtight cover to ensure the seed is transported back to the coulter rail at the required metering flow rate. The hopper is available with a volume of 1,700 litres, and as a high capacity version with 2,300 litres. During development, special emphasis was placed on handling and accessibility while filling and calibrating. A service platform provides better visibility into the hopper during filling.
When selecting the front hopper, you can choose between a standard single metering unit or Pöttinger’s newly developed dual metering unit. Called Single Shoot, this lets users apply not only seed, but also fertiliser into the seed slot in one pass. Maximum flexibility is the result. Future requirements to meet new regulations regarding fertilisers, seed dressing and biodiversity can be met in full with the new Aerosem front hopper seed drill.
The coulter rail on the Aerosem FDD is mounted on the power harrow using a locking system, and it only takes a few minutes to fit or remove. This system also allows for an optional hydraulic lifting system for the coulter rail to increase ground clearance.
The compact, folding coulter rail with a short headstock puts the centre of gravity impressively close to the tractor. The distributor head is mounted on the coulter rail and features a patented system that ensures it is always kept in vertical position. The patented linkage system ensures the distributor head is vertical to deliver perfect lateral distribution.
The proven DualDisc double-disc coulters are offset at 30cm and ensure precision seed placement. Convenient operation, especially regarding the coulter rail, makes the whole system very user-friendly. Coulter pressure can be adjusted mechanically (hydraulic adjustment is available as an option) from a central point and seed placement depth is set conveniently from the side of the machine.
What’s unique about this new system is that it can be removed from the power harrow extremely quickly. This saves time and allows the power harrow to be used on its own immediately.
Seed distribution is controlled using the distributor head, which can be provided with individually controllable outlets (IDS) as an option. Using the fully-equipped version, the driver can easily adjust the tramline widths and tyre widths directly via the control terminal to set up a perfect tramline system.
The new Aerosem FDD is said to offer convenience as well as pure precision and flexible applications, engineered especially for arable farming professionals.
- Dealerships wanted to meet demand for Tuchel sweepers
- Reekie Ltd takes on Bauer irrigation equipment at Perth and Cupar depots
- Lemken: Steketee hoeing proves valuable in DeltaRow maize
- John Deere: New Gator snow blades and grit spreaders
- Pöttinger: Mechanical crop care range launched
- Michelin: Three new sizes added to AgriBib IF tyre range
- JF Hudson: Silo Crab minimises waste forage
- Collings Brothers representing Merlo again in the East of England
- Mastenbroek: Drainage plan increases yields and reduces black-grass
- Amazone: Flagship Tyrok 400 offers higher speeds for higher outputs
- Lemken: Latest Azurit drill can sow soy beans to sunflower seeds and apply microgranules
- Hutchinsons: Omnia and Claas collaboration extends connectivity ability
- Horsch: New model M expands Avatar drill range
- Yokohama: OHT division to double capacity of new plant in India
- DataConnect: Mixed fleets from five brands now viewable on a single portal of choice