New Holland has hit the milestone of producing 30,000 large square balers since it entered the segment in 1987. The landmark BigBaler 1290 Plus rolled off the line at the company’s Zedelgem Centre of Harvesting Excellence, in Belgium, marking an impressive milestone in New Holland’s 30-year history of leadership in the large square baler segment.
“Reaching this milestone is a big accomplishment for New Holland, and in particular for all the people who have built this rich heritage of innovation, and kept our large square balers in the number one position to this day,” New Holland brand president Carlo Lambro said. “I would like to thank the people here in Zedelgem who’re keeping this legacy alive, building the BigBalers for our customers across the world, and designing the balers of the future.”
Zedelgem plant manager Luigi Neirynck agreed it was an impressive achievement.
“All of us at the plant are very proud that the BigBalers designed and built here continue to set the benchmark for the industry,” he said. “We continuously invest in state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies and operate according to World class Manufacturing principles, one of manufacturing’s highest standards for the integrated management of plants and processes. The result is the consistently high quality of every machine that rolls off our assembly line.”
New Holland has led the large square baler segment for more than 30 years. It has introduced a host of pioneering industry firsts that have changed baling across the world. These innovations include double-knot technology, electronic proportional density control, full bale eject functionality and the very first 80 x 90 bale size – all of which have now become industry standards.
Today’s flagship BigBaler models are true to their heritage of innovation and industry firsts. The BigBaler Plus landmark model features advanced efficiency boosting technologies, such as the best-in-class SmartFill sensor for perfectly uniform bales and IntelliCruise that controls the tractor’s forward speed, increasing productivity, optimising capacity and delivering ultimate bale uniformity.
The BigBaler High Density introduced two unique features, the latest in New Holland’s long string industry-firsts in baling. The first is the SmartShift gearbox, a unique driveline concept, winner of an Agritechnica Silver Medal for ionnovation in 2019, that significantly increases productivity, enhances operator comfort and improves tractor driveline protection. The second is the unique and patented Loop Master knotting technology: the first commercialised double-knotter in the world that prevents plastic pollution. The high-density baler was also crowned Machine of the Year 2020 in the Forage Harvesting category by a jury panel of journalists representing the leading European agricultural publications.
New Holland’s Zedelgem Centre of Harvesting Excellence has been at the centre of the harvesting world since Leon Claeys first opened his machinery shop in 1906. The award-winning BigBaler large square balers are designed, developed and produced in this facility, as well as New Holland’s flagship combine harvester ranges and forage harvesters. The advanced product development process, together with the extensive development, engineering and manufacturing expertise of this Centre’s dedicated workforce, ensure that the BigBaler range continues to set the benchmark across the world.
For more information visit: www.newholland.com.
- Mtech Digital Solutions: SimplyCow mobile app for dairy herd management
- Kverneland: Soil testing kit offers grower insights
- SpaceSense: New satellite imagery partnership with Hutchinsons
- New Holland: Updates announced for MyPLM Connect Farm platform
- Merlo: New pricing structure for spare parts
- Corteva Agriscience: Inatreq active approved in the UK
- Limagrain: UK sugar beet portfolio expanded
- Kubota: L1 and L2 series tractors now available with Stage V power
- DLG: Agritechnica postponed until February 2022
- Martin Lishman: Barn Owl Wireless eases grain store management
- Hella: Valuefit work lamp series expanded
- Continental: Fendt tractors now available with Conti TractorMaster tyres
- New Holland: Farmers invited to the Youniverse digital agricultural fair
- NatCap Research: Online tool helps farmers build their biodiversity and net zero carbon strategies
- BKT: The right tyres for sandy and stony land