Tramspread has released two new slurry hose pinchers to help reduce the risk of slurry spillages.
The lightweight “Handy” is designed to be carried easily and is suitable for clamping hoses up to 6.0 inches in diameter. The larger “Heavy” is for use with pressurised hoses up to 8.0 inches in diameter to stem the flow. Both can prevent slurry from being lost when breaking couplings or repairing hoses on the job.
Pollution resulting from slurry spillages can be damaging to the environment and could lead to legal action against those responsible. When pumping slurry, leaks or blow-outs can occur.
“These pinchers are inexpensive and will prevent slurry being lost if a quick repair is needed when pumping or spreading,” Tramspread director Edwin Baker said. “Now, more than ever, farmers need to demonstrate the measures being taken to reduce slurry pollution and safeguard the environment.”
The pinchers are both priced at £250.
“This is a small price to pay for a device that can prevent unnecessary pollution,” Mr Baker added. “It’s also useful to have a pincher when breaking couplings because there’s no need to drain the pipe first.”
While designed for use with umbilical slurry hose, the pinchers can also be used in other agricultural tasks.
“Other applications could be for irrigation pipework or other water pipes on farms,” Mr Baker said. “However, we see the main benefit of these pinchers as saving land and water sources from the potential damage that slurry spillages can cause.”
For more information visit: www.tramspread.co.uk.
- Amazone: Leading the way in autonomous agricultural machinery
- Drone Ag: Latest software supports VR and plant counting
- Paxtons launches on-farm delivery service for original parts
- Tramspread: Wagtail offers safe and versatile hose handling
- Dairy Spares: 60-teat mobile Milk Bar calf feeder added to range
- JCB: £100 million investment in hydrogen engine development
- Pöttinger: New Lion 6002C folding power harrow handles up to 500hp
- Hella: K-LED Nano beacon introduced
- Claas: New features announced for 2022 Jaguar foragers
- Kuhn: Compact and lightweight option added to Venta drill range
- Pöttinger: New Terrasem pneumatic mulch drill offers perfect and efficient sowing
- JCB: Compact mid-range Loadall gets DualTech VT drive
- Väderstad: Spirit 600C InLine combination drill launched
- Claas: Big leap forward for Quadrant square balers
- Pöttinger: SensoSafe protects wildlife and livestock