Kubota is to introduced a revised range of variable-chamber round balers for the 2021 season. Designated Plus-series, the updated models comprise the BV5160 and BV5200 versions, and the Flexiwrap baler-wrapper combination that uses the BV5160 with 14-knife crop-chopping system.
The changes have been implemented to improve output and lower operating costs, and combine a redesigned roller crop press capable of lifting higher in heavier crops, with strengthened side support arms with improved limit stops. Enhanced protection against crop wrapping is also provided for the crop press bearings, which have now been mounted inside the roller.
Up front, the 2.2m pick-up reel – which features twin-cam tracks and five tine bars – has also been refreshed. It now features 10mm longer tines and wider stripper plates to improve cleaning in wet crop conditions. The pick-up drive chain has also been increased in size for added durability.
The baler driveline has also received attention and is now equipped with long-life HBC specification chains providing higher fatigue strength and increased wear resistance, compared to conventional chain. The bale chamber gets a new design of idler rollers which benefit from a 45 per cent increase in bearing diameter, along with larger internal grease capacity and improved shielding. The idler rollers also gain a continuous central shaft, which adds rigidity.
Maintenance on all models has been simplified with bale chamber drive rollers gaining cast iron housings and centralised grease banks, ensuring non-productive maintenance time is kept to a minimum. Operator convenience has been improved with a folding PTO stand that also incorporates hose and cable storage. An easy access rear PTO cover is also provided for simpler maintenance.
Visually, the new Kubota BV Plus series models are distinguishable from previous BV models thanks to high-level LED road lights, reducing the likelihood of damage from stray bales. Intake systems comprise the SuperFeed rotor or 14-knife SuperCut crop chopping system, and all models are equipped with Intelligent Density 3D, PowerBind net tying and a drop floor rotor unblocking system.
Maximum bale sizes are 1.65m and 2.00m depending on model, and prices start at £39,908 (correct at November 2020) for the BV5160 SuperFeed model.
For more information visit: www.kubota-eu.com.
- Mtech Digital Solutions: SimplyCow mobile app for dairy herd management
- Kverneland: Soil testing kit offers grower insights
- SpaceSense: New satellite imagery partnership with Hutchinsons
- New Holland: Updates announced for MyPLM Connect Farm platform
- Merlo: New pricing structure for spare parts
- Corteva Agriscience: Inatreq active approved in the UK
- Limagrain: UK sugar beet portfolio expanded
- Kubota: L1 and L2 series tractors now available with Stage V power
- DLG: Agritechnica postponed until February 2022
- Martin Lishman: Barn Owl Wireless eases grain store management
- Hella: Valuefit work lamp series expanded
- Continental: Fendt tractors now available with Conti TractorMaster tyres
- New Holland: Farmers invited to the Youniverse digital agricultural fair
- NatCap Research: Online tool helps farmers build their biodiversity and net zero carbon strategies
- BKT: The right tyres for sandy and stony land