Vicon has refreshed its RV5200 series variable-chamber round baler models, with changes designed to improve output and lower operating costs.
Designated Plus-series, the newly updated RV5216 and RV5220 models are available with a range of intake systems including SuperFeed rotor or 14-knife SuperCut crop chopping system. Maximum bale sizes are 1.65m and 2.00m depending on model.
Performance-enhancing upgrades include a redesigned roller crop press capable of lifting higher in heavier crops, while the side support arms have also been strengthened and incorporate improved limit stops. Enhanced protection against crop wrapping is also provided for the bearings, which have now been mounted inside the roller.
Up front, the 2.2m pick-up reel – which features twin-cam tracks and five tine bars – has also been given a makeover. It now features 10mm longer tines and wider stripper plates to improve cleaning in wet crop conditions. The pick-up drive chain has also been increased in size for added durability.
The driveline has received attention and is now equipped with long-life HBC specification chains providing higher fatigue strength and increased wear resistance, compared to conventional chains. The bale chamber hasn’t escaped attention either, with a new design of idler rollers that benefit from a 45 per cent increase in bearing diameter, along with larger internal grease capacity and improved shielding. The idler rollers also gain a continuous central shaft, which adds rigidity.
Maintenance has been simplified with bale chamber drive rollers gaining cast iron housings and centralised grease banks, ensuring non-productive maintenance time is kept to a minimum. Operator convenience has been improved with a folding PTO stand that also incorporates hose and cable storage. An easy-access rear PTO cover is also provided for simpler maintenance.
Visually the new Plus series models are distinguishable from previous RV models thanks to high-level LED road lights, now positioned out of harm’s way, reducing the likelihood of damage from stray bales.
RV5200 models are available to order for the 2021 season priced from £39,908 (correct at October 2020) for the RV5216 SuperFeed model.
For more information visit: www.kvernelandgroup.com.
- Mtech Digital Solutions: SimplyCow mobile app for dairy herd management
- Kverneland: Soil testing kit offers grower insights
- SpaceSense: New satellite imagery partnership with Hutchinsons
- New Holland: Updates announced for MyPLM Connect Farm platform
- Merlo: New pricing structure for spare parts
- Corteva Agriscience: Inatreq active approved in the UK
- Limagrain: UK sugar beet portfolio expanded
- Kubota: L1 and L2 series tractors now available with Stage V power
- DLG: Agritechnica postponed until February 2022
- Martin Lishman: Barn Owl Wireless eases grain store management
- Hella: Valuefit work lamp series expanded
- Continental: Fendt tractors now available with Conti TractorMaster tyres
- New Holland: Farmers invited to the Youniverse digital agricultural fair
- NatCap Research: Online tool helps farmers build their biodiversity and net zero carbon strategies
- BKT: The right tyres for sandy and stony land