The new trailed Terria stubble cultivator line from Pöttinger presents a new solution that will be available from November 2020. With working widths of 4.0 to 6.0m and as three- and four-row models (Terria 4030, 5030, 6030 and Terria 4040, 5040, 6040) this range offers a wide range of tillage applications from shallow stubble cultivation to full-depth tillage.
The Terria trailed stubble cultivator’s tools are arranged symmetrically along the drag line. This ensures reliable penetration even in difficult conditions, as well as driving stability, thorough loosening and perfect mixing. To guarantee a steady soil flow, even where there are large quantities of straw and harvest residues, the trailed Terria stubble cultivator has a generous frame height. Tilling depths of 5.0 to 35cm are possible.
Pöttinger has further improved its existing Nonstop stone protection system. This is vital for uninterrupted operation. Besides a mechanical Nova element (600kg triggering force), an adjustable hydraulic version (650kg triggering force) has been added to the range. Both systems guarantee maximum trip clearance and reduce wear and tear on both frame and equipment.
Two settings allow adjustment of the leg to the desired task. Tilling intensity varies according to the position selected – flat or steep. The screws also function as shear bolt protection. Flexibility is also provided by two wing positions for shallow cutting-through or generous mixing. The wear parts supplied by Pöttinger comprise the well-known Classic, Durastar and Durastar Plus options. A 40mm wide Dursatar narrow share is also available for deep loosening.
To guarantee a turning circle that’s as tight as possible, the wheels have been integrated into the work area, resulting in a more compact total length. The machine is equipped with either a two-wheel chassis or, as an option, a four-wheel chassis, depending on the working width. With the latter, the machine is in contact with a larger area of ground that results in ideal weight distribution and perfect ground protection.
For fast and precise adaptation to all kinds of soil conditions, Pöttinger fits the Terria trailed stubble cultivator with fully hydraulic depth adjustment as standard. The large jockey wheels and rear roller ensure that the machine does not deviate from the selected working depth. The drawbar is fitted with a hydraulic cylinder for precise contouring in the direction of travel. Additionally, the drawbar cylinder can improve traction with the aid of swing clips and transfer the weight of the stubble cultivator onto the tractor’s rear axle.
For reliable levelling, Pöttinger supplies maintenance-free concave discs arranged in pairs that are guided in the soil by the rear roller. Repeated adjustment of the working depth is therefore unnecessary. The wide range of rear rollers – consisting of a pack ring, rubber packer and the Tandem Conoroll rollers – ensures perfect compaction.
For more information visit: www.poettinger.at.
- Amazone: New Ceus disc and tine combination cultivators launched
- Pichon: SV series slurry tankers meet the challenges of tomorrow
- Deutz-Fahr: Latest 7-Series TTV tractors offer greater comfort and higher traction
- Doosan: New generation DX140W-7 and DX160W-7 wheeled excavators unveiled
- New Holland: New flagship T7 HD tractor revealed
- Vervaet: Quad 550 UK demonstration tour planned
- Deutz-Fahr: New 5-series tractors launched
- Lemken: Front hopper improvements result in stronger drilling combinations
- Pöttinger: Jumbo 7000 flagship loader wagon launched
- New Holland dealer TH White acquires Murleys Agricultural
- Spapperi: Transplanter range now available in the UK
- Horsch: Exploring different aspects of autonomous driving systems
- Kubota: JE Rees takes on groundscare equipment
- Malpas Tractors: Latest retail website offers tractor spares online
- Hella: New S-series work lamps launched