Michelin is introducing its latest agricultural tyre technology into the UK with the launch of Zen@Terra for high-powered tractors, enabling farmers to easily adjust tyre pressures for heavy road and field work.
Designed specifically for fitment in combination with a central tyre inflation system (CTIS) and Michelin’s Ultraflex tyre range – although it can be used with any Michelin agricultural tyre – Zen@Terra connects directly into the tractor’s ISObus system. Once installed, it allows farmers to switch between low pressures, for maximum soil protection, and higher pressures, to maximise performance on the road. The process takes a matter of minutes and can be operated via an easy-to-use, integrated in-cab touch-screen display.
Pre-programmed settings allow the user to tailor pressures depending on the implement attached and vehicle usage. Pressures can be adjusted for empty, half or full loads, as well as slope work. A “boost” function sets extreme low pressure for three minutes, when extra grip is needed.
Compatible with most modern tractors, thesystem is the result of years of research and development by Michelin’s team of expert engineers and, following successful trials across Europe, Zen@Terra is now being rolled out to farmers and contractors across the UK.
Michelin’s national sales manager for agriculture and construction, Mark White, said Michelin was determined to keep helping farmers get the absolute maximum performance from their machinery.
“Zen@Terra is a complete solution, managing all aspects of tyres and their interaction with the ground, both in the field and on the road,” he added. “Using an in-built CTIS and our Ultraflex technology tyres, the customer can quickly change tyre pressures to best suit the ground they’re working on. This helps to optimise the performance of their vehicles, increases tyre life, improves productivity and yields, while reducing fuel costs and protecting the soil – all of which supports Michelin’s core value of sustainable mobility.”
The system has been developed following direct feedback from farmers and contractors, with Michelin focused on developing a solution offering maximum quality and reliability.
The in-built CTIS was designed in conjunction with PTG, an industry leader in tyre pressure control systems that Michelin acquired in 2017.
Zen@Terra can be used with any Michelin Ultraflex agricultural tyres including Michelin’s AxioBib, AxioBib 2, EvoBib and XeoBib fitments.
It will be fitted exclusively in the UK by approved supplier TractAir – a family-owned company that designs, manufactures, supplies and fits air brake systems, air compressors and tyre inflation systems for agricultural applications.
For more information visit: www.tractair.co.uk.
- Dealerships wanted to meet demand for Tuchel sweepers
- Reekie Ltd takes on Bauer irrigation equipment at Perth and Cupar depots
- Lemken: Steketee hoeing proves valuable in DeltaRow maize
- John Deere: New Gator snow blades and grit spreaders
- Pöttinger: Mechanical crop care range launched
- Michelin: Three new sizes added to AgriBib IF tyre range
- JF Hudson: Silo Crab minimises waste forage
- Collings Brothers representing Merlo again in the East of England
- Mastenbroek: Drainage plan increases yields and reduces black-grass
- Amazone: Flagship Tyrok 400 offers higher speeds for higher outputs
- Lemken: Latest Azurit drill can sow soy beans to sunflower seeds and apply microgranules
- Hutchinsons: Omnia and Claas collaboration extends connectivity ability
- Horsch: New model M expands Avatar drill range
- Yokohama: OHT division to double capacity of new plant in India
- DataConnect: Mixed fleets from five brands now viewable on a single portal of choice