Cornish farmer FG Pryor & Son has chosen an identical set of VF 380/85R34 Michelin YieldBib tyres for its Bateman RB35 sprayer, after being hugely impressed with the performance of the original equipment rubber.
The sprayer is primarily used to support potato and cereal crops on the company’s farm near Truro, and Michelin Exelagri dealer Geoffrey Harris Tyres was selected to supply and fit the replacement tyres.
“We have found the YieldBibs to perform really well for us and had no hesitation in going back for another set,” the company’s Warwick Pryor said. “They have a very high load rating for their size, particularly when you consider how narrow they are. Compared to other tyres of the same size on the market, the YieldBibs travel much better in the tramlines, which helps us to protect the soil and limits the damage to the crops.”
YieldBib tyres benefit from patented Ultraflex technology, meaning they can carry the same load as a standard technology tyre, but with up to 40 per cent reduced inflation pressure and without compromising on robustness. They also boast Very High Flexion (VF) casings, giving a 24 per cent larger surface footprint which helps to spread the machine’s weight over a larger surface area for less ground compaction.
To retain optimal tyre performance benefits, the VF 380/85R34 TL YieldBib tyres, rated 149A8/B, can carry up to 3,250kg/tyre, working at a maximum speed of 50km/hr when inflated to 23psi.
Other key features include stubble-deflecting lugs and an anti-stubble belt in the tread area, designed to strengthen the main zone at risk of damage caused by stubble, bolstering the tyres’ durability.
“The YieldBib tyres give a really comfortable ride both in the field and on the road,” Mr Pryor added. “We’ve used competitor tyres of the exact same size on other sprayers in the past and they just seem to disturb the ground and damage the crops more than the YieldBibs.
“We’ve run a lot of Michelin tyres over the years; it’s a quality brand, so you know what you’re going to get and the level of service we receive from Geoffrey Harris Tyres has always been first class.”
For more information visit: https://agricultural.michelin.co.uk/.
- Amazone: New Ceus disc and tine combination cultivators launched
- Pichon: SV series slurry tankers meet the challenges of tomorrow
- Deutz-Fahr: Latest 7-Series TTV tractors offer greater comfort and higher traction
- Doosan: New generation DX140W-7 and DX160W-7 wheeled excavators unveiled
- New Holland: New flagship T7 HD tractor revealed
- Vervaet: Quad 550 UK demonstration tour planned
- Deutz-Fahr: New 5-series tractors launched
- Lemken: Front hopper improvements result in stronger drilling combinations
- Pöttinger: Jumbo 7000 flagship loader wagon launched
- New Holland dealer TH White acquires Murleys Agricultural
- Spapperi: Transplanter range now available in the UK
- Horsch: Exploring different aspects of autonomous driving systems
- Kubota: JE Rees takes on groundscare equipment
- Malpas Tractors: Latest retail website offers tractor spares online
- Hella: New S-series work lamps launched