Bobcat has completed the company’s M-series range of Stage V compliant skid-steer and compact track loaders with the launch of the new S550 and S590 models.
Like the S450, S510 and S530 skid-steer and T450 and T590 compact track loaders launched earlier this year, the S550 and S590 combine compact dimensions with Stage V engine technology, telematics connectivity, new bold Bobcat styling with 3D decals and a two-year warranty as standard.
In contrast to the previously launched M-series models with Stage V engines, the new S550 and S590 have a number of advanced features as standard including:
- Selectable joystick controls – low effort joystick controls make it easy to operate even with advanced features.
- High flow – improves productivity and extends versatility with Bobcat attachments.
- Attachment control device (ACD) – for managing the attachment functions from the joystick.
- Two-speed drive – improves productivity and fuel efficiency.
- Deluxe panel – with more language selections, keyless function and DPF management.
- Versatile duty tyres – with bi-directional design, improves lifetime significantly.
The new S550 and S590 skid-steer loaders will be produced in the Bobcat plant at Dobris in the Czech Republic and are available to order with immediate effect, for delivery early in 2021.
|2020 M-series Bobcat skid-steer loaders with Stage V engines|
S550 Stage V
S590 Stage V
|Operating weight (kg)
|Rated operating capacity (kg)
One of the most important new standard features on the S550 and S590 is the previously optional Bobcat selectable joystick controls (SJC) system. Based on easy-to-use, low-effort joysticks, SJC provides the operator with Bobcat-exclusive features and fingertip switches. This automatically configures the loader as a tool carrier for working all day with the widest possible selection of attachments, as well as providing increased operator comfort and unmatched joystick control of the loader itself.
With the SJC system in place, the S550 and S590 now offer the attachment control device (ACD) system as standard. Using Canbus communication to recognise the attachment on the machine, ACD automatically sets up the joystick controls and the output flow to ensure the best performance when using attachments on the new S550 and S590 loaders.
Another addition is the availability of High-Flow Hydraulics as standard on the S550 and S590 Stage V models. This further expands the exceptional versatility of these machines, allowing them to be used with advanced higher flow attachments such as sweepers, planers and wheel saws.
The next generation of Bobcat D24 engine with Bosch fuel injection system improves overall machine performance, providing a higher power output of 68hp and higher torque. The new engine technology results in lower fuel consumption for the same kind of work, while fulfilling the strictest Stage V emissions regulations. This ensures the S550 and S590 are ideal for use on the most power-demanding jobs.
With the engine installed transversely in the machine frame, the S550 and S590 continue to offer the same compact dimensions, allowing them to fit and turn around in confined spaces.
The next generation engine is equipped with diesel particulate filter (DPF) after-treatment technology, which works automatically without any interaction needed during normal operation. The use of DPF allows the new loaders to be employed in emission-regulated zones such as city centres.
In addition, the auto-idle feature reduces the engine speed to low idle when the joysticks are in the neutral position and have not been used for about five seconds, ensuring quieter overall operation and reduced fuel consumption.
The next generation Bobcat engine has also allowed the company to extend maintenance intervals with the first service now being after 500 hours and to reduce the number of fuel filter replacements required.
Both new loader models offer two-speed operation as standard, which boosts the maximum travel speed from 11.4 km/hr in low range to 17.3 km/hr in high range, to improve productivity and fuel efficiency. This can be combined with the hydraulic bucket positioning option, which keeps the loader bucket level as the lift arms travel upward, enabling operators to spill less and work faster.
The new Stage V loaders now feature the previously optional deluxe control panel as standard, offering a choice of different languages and telematics to protect the machines and to monitor their performance.
The deluxe panel also reduces the risk of misuse, thanks to the keyless start function and, if necessary, the operator can lock and password-protect both the High Flow and two-speed systems via the panel. A new DPF management menu provides easy management of the machine and exhaust after-treatment system.
The next generation Bobcat Stage V engine ensures noise levels have been reduced for both bystanders and the operator. This can be combined with popular comfort features such as the heat ventilation with air condition (HVAC) option, providing a more comfortable operator environment throughout the year and in all conditions. The optional cloth suspension seat improves the operator’s comfort all year long and the auto ride control option improves the operator’s comfort and the machine’s stability.
The S550 and S590 are equipped as standard with versatile duty tyres, with a bi-directional design for use on most common mixed surfaces, improving lifetime significantly. Industrial solid flex tyres are available as an option and are designed for intensive wear applications that have a higher risk of punctures.
For more information visit: www.bobcat.com.
- Amazone: New Ceus disc and tine combination cultivators launched
- Pichon: SV series slurry tankers meet the challenges of tomorrow
- Deutz-Fahr: Latest 7-Series TTV tractors offer greater comfort and higher traction
- Doosan: New generation DX140W-7 and DX160W-7 wheeled excavators unveiled
- New Holland: New flagship T7 HD tractor revealed
- Vervaet: Quad 550 UK demonstration tour planned
- Deutz-Fahr: New 5-series tractors launched
- Lemken: Front hopper improvements result in stronger drilling combinations
- Pöttinger: Jumbo 7000 flagship loader wagon launched
- New Holland dealer TH White acquires Murleys Agricultural
- Spapperi: Transplanter range now available in the UK
- Horsch: Exploring different aspects of autonomous driving systems
- Kubota: JE Rees takes on groundscare equipment
- Malpas Tractors: Latest retail website offers tractor spares online
- Hella: New S-series work lamps launched