Independent ADAS trials show that a balanced autumn Bionature liquid fertiliser regime doubles OSR root length.
Results from 2019 crops showed that Bionature’s Delta liquid nitrogen applied at the recommended rate achieved 104% increase in specific root length when compared to the non-treated control.
Bionature UK director Mark Carter explained that getting OSR established and away rapidly was important in counteracting various pests and diseases.
“Early root development is key to rapid emergence and this is stimulated by readily available nitrogen, so the plant can develop an efficient root system,” He said. “Autumn applied Delta liquid fertiliser has a positive charge, which means it sticks to the soil, as well as penetrating it, leading to an increase in nitrogen use efficiency. It also means less nitrogen will be lost through leaching.”
Bionature Delta fertiliser is a stabilised nitrogen fertiliser with potassium for improved rooting, stress tolerance, crop quality and yield production.
North Lincolnshire farmer Colin Chappell grew 9.0ha of oilseed rape this year on heavy clay land and has seen good results with Delta.
“We had a much straighter, longer tap root on treated crops than the untreated section of the field and ultimately, the difference between the sample on untreated and Delta-treated crops was significant,” he said. “Usually we would grow more OSR, but conditions were against us and, interestingly, this particular crop stood in water for nearly three months over winter and we harvested 3.2 t/ha. So the plant was healthy enough to withstand the flooding, where other crops would have failed.”
Delta is available in pack sizes of 20 litres or 1,000 litre IBCs, and is compatible with most crop protection products on the market.
For more information visit: www.bionatureagriculture.com.
- Amazone: New Ceus disc and tine combination cultivators launched
- Pichon: SV series slurry tankers meet the challenges of tomorrow
- Deutz-Fahr: Latest 7-Series TTV tractors offer greater comfort and higher traction
- Doosan: New generation DX140W-7 and DX160W-7 wheeled excavators unveiled
- New Holland: New flagship T7 HD tractor revealed
- Vervaet: Quad 550 UK demonstration tour planned
- Deutz-Fahr: New 5-series tractors launched
- Lemken: Front hopper improvements result in stronger drilling combinations
- Pöttinger: Jumbo 7000 flagship loader wagon launched
- New Holland dealer TH White acquires Murleys Agricultural
- Spapperi: Transplanter range now available in the UK
- Horsch: Exploring different aspects of autonomous driving systems
- Kubota: JE Rees takes on groundscare equipment
- Malpas Tractors: Latest retail website offers tractor spares online
- Hella: New S-series work lamps launched