Väderstad Components, which manufactures all genuine spare and wearing parts for the company’s agricultural machinery, is expanding its factory at Överum, Sweden, by a further 2,000 square metres to take account of growing demand.
Manufacturing genuine parts has been a major focus for the Väderstad Group in recent years, and includes a significant financial investment in a new production line. Along with its 50 skilled employees, Väderstad Components aims to increase output, operator safety and product quality.
“The investment is very positive for both us as a company and our customers,” Väderstad Components’ managing director, Dan Somlin, said. “The addition creates even better conditions for us to increase the production of sustainable wearing parts, while the plant will have a better flow and an even better working environment.”
Building works will start in autumn 2020 and the new unit is expected to be ready for opening in spring 2021. In the long term, recruitment of new staff will also be considered.
“Together with the new production line that’s already in place, this creates exciting development and growth opportunities that will eventually lead to an increased need for skills and recruitment,” Mr Somlin added.
For more information visit: www.vaderstad.com.
- Dealerships wanted to meet demand for Tuchel sweepers
- Reekie Ltd takes on Bauer irrigation equipment at Perth and Cupar depots
- Lemken: Steketee hoeing proves valuable in DeltaRow maize
- John Deere: New Gator snow blades and grit spreaders
- Pöttinger: Mechanical crop care range launched
- Michelin: Three new sizes added to AgriBib IF tyre range
- JF Hudson: Silo Crab minimises waste forage
- Collings Brothers representing Merlo again in the East of England
- Mastenbroek: Drainage plan increases yields and reduces black-grass
- Amazone: Flagship Tyrok 400 offers higher speeds for higher outputs
- Lemken: Latest Azurit drill can sow soy beans to sunflower seeds and apply microgranules
- Hutchinsons: Omnia and Claas collaboration extends connectivity ability
- Horsch: New model M expands Avatar drill range
- Yokohama: OHT division to double capacity of new plant in India
- DataConnect: Mixed fleets from five brands now viewable on a single portal of choice