Haith Group, which manufactures vegetable handling equipment, and in-field root crop and vegetable machinery specialist Grimme, which is best known for its planting and harvesting innovations, are joining forces in the UK and Ireland to increase their respective product offerings.
The new relationship is designed to benefit UK and Irish farmers, who’ll now be able to buy complete solutions from either company’s sales team. The agreement will see the sales teams of both companies being trained on the other’s product range and will give customers of both companies easy access to the innovative market-leading solutions offered by both Haith and Grimme.
Grimme customers may, for example, wish to add a Haith Supa-Wash washer or market leading Rota-Tip box tippler into a Grimme finance and service plan, whereas a Haith customer could take advantage of having a Grimme Cleanloader to work alongside a Haith mobile washer.
“Today’s announcement is a game-changer for UK and Irish farmers,” Haith Group sales director Duane Hill said. “The strategic collaboration sees two of the biggest manufacturers in the sector coming together to offer the most comprehensive product range available.
“We’ve never been in competition with Grimme, rather its product range complements ours and makes this arrangement a perfect fit.”
Grimme UK Ltd’s managing director, Patrick Graf Grote, added that up to now farmers looking for a complete solution to their needs would have had to talk to more than one different company.
“Now, they can talk to Haith’s team or ours and have access to the full spectrum of root crop and vegetable harvesting and handling machinery,” he said. “We believe this agreement with Haith Group means we’re now able to offer the most comprehensive range of machinery in the UK and Ireland.”
Discussions about a closer working relationship began at British Potato 2019 after Duane and Patrick realised that both companies had similar goals and the same desire to give their UK and Irish customers the very best products and service in the potato and vegetable handling sector.
Haith and Grimme are now developing plans to tour the partnership around the UK and Ireland, with roadshows taking place in the South West, East Midlands and Cheshire, hopefully in the Autumn, ahead of a joint presence at Lamma 2021.
The Grimme Group, located in Damme, Germany, was founded in 1861 as a forge by the great-grandfather of the current chairman and owner Franz Grimme. Today, the company offers more than 150 machines for use in potato, beet and vegetable production, including onions, carrots, leeks, chives, celery, fennel, green beans and cabbage.
Incorporated as a limited company in 1964, Tickhill Engineering, which trades as Haith, is one of the UK’s leading designers and manufacturers of vegetable handling equipment. Its range of grading, washing, bulk handling, weighing, pre-pack systems and water treatment solutions is relied upon by some of the world’s largest food producers and packing companies, as well as farmers of all sizes in the UK and overseas.
- Mtech Digital Solutions: SimplyCow mobile app for dairy herd management
- Kverneland: Soil testing kit offers grower insights
- SpaceSense: New satellite imagery partnership with Hutchinsons
- New Holland: Updates announced for MyPLM Connect Farm platform
- Merlo: New pricing structure for spare parts
- Corteva Agriscience: Inatreq active approved in the UK
- Limagrain: UK sugar beet portfolio expanded
- Kubota: L1 and L2 series tractors now available with Stage V power
- DLG: Agritechnica postponed until February 2022
- Martin Lishman: Barn Owl Wireless eases grain store management
- Hella: Valuefit work lamp series expanded
- Continental: Fendt tractors now available with Conti TractorMaster tyres
- New Holland: Farmers invited to the Youniverse digital agricultural fair
- NatCap Research: Online tool helps farmers build their biodiversity and net zero carbon strategies
- BKT: The right tyres for sandy and stony land