While known for its superior slope mowing performance, McConnel’s new Robocut models can tackle even more workplace challenges thanks to its step-up in horsepower and finer control. One company taking full advantage of McConnel’s latest remote-control technology is Lincolnshire-based vegetation maintenance specialist RSM Maintenance.
The company purchased an RC56 Robocut primarily for the slope mowing alongside waterways and highways throughout Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire and Yorkshire. However, it has also utilised the power-plant in other key areas of the business to improve safety and efficiency.
In addition to the vegetation maintenance arm of the business, RSM Maintenance also undertakes the installation and maintenance of footbridges along public right-of-ways and footpaths throughout Lincolnshire. This inevitably involves the handling of heavy build material in areas where the terrain can be challenging, and access limited.
A solution was found in the form of a Robocut mounted Hyva crane attachment with 1,000kg lift capacity and 6.5m reach.
“We regularly need to position 8m to 10m long beams across waterways, and by using the Robocut and crane attachment we now have a machine that can access these hard to reach sites,” the managing director of RSM Maintenance, Robert Minnitt, said. “Once in place, the Robocut crane eliminates the need for hazardous manual handling and removes personnel from the danger zone.”
Grass reseeding alongside waterways and steep slopes is another duty where the Robocut is boasting efficiency and safety for RSM Maintenance.
“We’ve also fitted a harrow attachment with GPS controlled seeder unit that does a great job of quickly and efficiently reinstating damaged turf caused when maintenance work is carried out by heavy plant,” Mr Minnitt added.
McConnel Robocuts can be fitted with a range of attachments that enable operators to tackle almost any workplace challenge. Easy to fit and operate, the attachments take full advantage of Robocut’s proven remote-control capabilities, allowing safe working up to 150m away from dangerous or restricted-access zones.
For more information visit: www.mcconnel.com.
- Amazone: Leading the way in autonomous agricultural machinery
- Drone Ag: Latest software supports VR and plant counting
- Paxtons launches on-farm delivery service for original parts
- Tramspread: Wagtail offers safe and versatile hose handling
- Dairy Spares: 60-teat mobile Milk Bar calf feeder added to range
- JCB: £100 million investment in hydrogen engine development
- Pöttinger: New Lion 6002C folding power harrow handles up to 500hp
- Hella: K-LED Nano beacon introduced
- Claas: New features announced for 2022 Jaguar foragers
- Kuhn: Compact and lightweight option added to Venta drill range
- Pöttinger: New Terrasem pneumatic mulch drill offers perfect and efficient sowing
- JCB: Compact mid-range Loadall gets DualTech VT drive
- Väderstad: Spirit 600C InLine combination drill launched
- Claas: Big leap forward for Quadrant square balers
- Pöttinger: SensoSafe protects wildlife and livestock