John Deere chose Agritechnica 2019 to preview an addition to the top end of its combine harvester range with the all-new X9 model and matching draper header, specifically designed and developed for tough European harvesting conditions.
Compared to the S790, which is the largest model in the current line-up, the X9 will deliver a step up in performance and productivity, while also offering a significant increase in efficiency. This combination has been recognised with the award of a Silver Medal by the Agritechnica Innovations Commission jury.
The X9 combine achieves this performance increase in output and harvest efficiency through the widest body available in the industry, improved crop flow, an increase in active threshing and separation areas and a larger cleaning shoe, all while maintaining a transport width of less than 3.5m on both wheels and tracks. Taken together, these features allow very high throughput and very low losses with improved grain and straw quality, and address the needs of large farmers looking maximise their productivity and profits.
The newly designed X9 combine also features improved comfort, convenience and lighting in the cab. Common displays and controls used across the broader John Deere product range enable the operator to move effortlessly between different machines.
The new draper header brings a new dimension to the header range and delivers maximum throughput in small grains. The hinged frame and widest available wing range offer better ground and contour following in sloping terrain, while also delivering clean, even stubble height and straw distribution for better seed establishment and emergence in the following crop.
In addition, a deep belt with a specially designed grain saving surface puts more grain in the combine and reduces loss at the header. The new draper header will be compatible with existing S-Series combines, which will all continue to be available and provide industry leading solutions in automation, grain quality, capacity, productivity and low operating costs.
The all-new X9 combine and draper header were revealed to the public for the first time at Agritechnica 2019, before their official introduction in summer 2020, when a limited number of machines will be available for demonstration during the harvest season.
For more information visit: www.johndeere.co.uk.
- Dealerships wanted to meet demand for Tuchel sweepers
- Reekie Ltd takes on Bauer irrigation equipment at Perth and Cupar depots
- Lemken: Steketee hoeing proves valuable in DeltaRow maize
- John Deere: New Gator snow blades and grit spreaders
- Pöttinger: Mechanical crop care range launched
- Michelin: Three new sizes added to AgriBib IF tyre range
- JF Hudson: Silo Crab minimises waste forage
- Collings Brothers representing Merlo again in the East of England
- Mastenbroek: Drainage plan increases yields and reduces black-grass
- Amazone: Flagship Tyrok 400 offers higher speeds for higher outputs
- Lemken: Latest Azurit drill can sow soy beans to sunflower seeds and apply microgranules
- Hutchinsons: Omnia and Claas collaboration extends connectivity ability
- Horsch: New model M expands Avatar drill range
- Yokohama: OHT division to double capacity of new plant in India
- DataConnect: Mixed fleets from five brands now viewable on a single portal of choice