The ability to operate a ZA-V, or ZA-TS, fertiliser spreader mounted up front is a very interesting option, particularly for those users who are looking to spread two different types of fertiliser in one pass.
As opposed to spreading blended fertilisers through just one fertiliser spreader, this option offers the opportunity to set up each spreader optimally to the properties of the relevant fertiliser and thus to achieve the perfect lateral distribution for both. Now, for the first time, Amazone has introduced this possibility of twin fertiliser utilisation.
When a mounted spreader is fitted to the front of a tractor, the spreading unit is then not directed to the rear, but to the front. This means, that when operating the spreader, one has to think of everything as a mirror image. To relieve the operator of having to think like this, Amazone has developed in-house software for the front mounting of spreaders where the spreading functions are displayed in reverse.
In this way, even when side, border or water course spreading, the machine can be switched on at the correct side without any problem. The software also mirrors the optional SwitchPoint on/off points. That means, on a front-mounted spreader, that the spread fan is pushed ahead of the machine so that the relevant switching point has to be positioned way in front of the spreader.
The precondition for transporting any front-mounted spreader on the road in traffic is the compliance with the legal requirements. This includes, in the main, road lighting and the adherence to the relevant specification with regard to line of sight. Also, to fulfil any demands on the lighting system, Amazone offers an in-house lighting kit consisting of clear front side lamps plus additional headlights.
For more information visit: www.amazone.co.uk.
- Dealerships wanted to meet demand for Tuchel sweepers
- Reekie Ltd takes on Bauer irrigation equipment at Perth and Cupar depots
- Lemken: Steketee hoeing proves valuable in DeltaRow maize
- John Deere: New Gator snow blades and grit spreaders
- Pöttinger: Mechanical crop care range launched
- Michelin: Three new sizes added to AgriBib IF tyre range
- JF Hudson: Silo Crab minimises waste forage
- Collings Brothers representing Merlo again in the East of England
- Mastenbroek: Drainage plan increases yields and reduces black-grass
- Amazone: Flagship Tyrok 400 offers higher speeds for higher outputs
- Lemken: Latest Azurit drill can sow soy beans to sunflower seeds and apply microgranules
- Hutchinsons: Omnia and Claas collaboration extends connectivity ability
- Horsch: New model M expands Avatar drill range
- Yokohama: OHT division to double capacity of new plant in India
- DataConnect: Mixed fleets from five brands now viewable on a single portal of choice