New Holland has combined several ideal ingredients to create the perfect tractor for livestock farmers. Reduced running costs, increased productivity and convenience, and increased operator comfort are all available from the new 112hp T6020LS; and it’s built in Britain.
The T6020LS uses a four-cylinder turbo/intercooled, mechanically fuelled engine. It boasts the industry’s longest service interval at 600 hours, while an exhaust-aspirated pre-cleaner lengthens air filter life.
To reduce fuel consumption a massive 113 lit/min hydraulic pump delivers oil only when required and delivers a high flow at low engine rpm, reducing the need to rev the engine to obtain high hydraulic output.
Front tyre wear and driveline stress is also reduced with the T6020LS as it’s fitted with New Holland’s Terralock system that automatically disengages the four-wheel-drive when manoeuvring, thus reducing both front tyre scrub and the turning circle. When the wheels are straightened, the four-wheel-drive re-engages.
The T6020LS operator sits on a deluxe air seat in the quietest cab in its class at just 70dB(A). Even cab suspension is available. With only four pillars in the air-conditioned cab, just nine degrees of vision is obscured from the all-round view, greatly benefiting safety around farm buildings. The roof visibility panel takes the neckache out of loading into trailers.
The low overall height, just 2.69m on 16.9 R34 tyres, means that access to low buildings won’t be a problem. The single-piece lift-up bonnet allows total engine access even with loader side frames, which means no side panels to hinder servicing.
The integrated, factory-fitted New Holland loader kit provides a seat-mounted joystick, while a memory power shuttle places you in your ideal gear ratio. The tractor remembers the most recent forward/reverse gear selected, avoiding any manual shifts or fuel-slurping engine revving.
With a hands-free Bluetooth radio fitted as standard, the operator can even take a call and keep loading, while eight work-lights make sure operations can continue safely into the dark.
Operators are demanding more output and the modern day loader tractor is no different to any other machine on today’s farm. Larger loaders require a more stable tractor with a higher level of in-built strength and a longer wheelbase – the T6020LS meets these criteria.
Hydraulic output is critical to gain output from a loader. While other tractors only use a single hydraulic pump for all the tractor services, including steering, the T6020LS includes a dedicated steering pump, which means the loader cycle time is always maintained even when turning. FastSteer can be fitted as an option, allowing the operator to obtain a lock-to-lock turn by only moving the steering wheel a few degrees.
Steerable front fenders are standard, which means the loader frames do not interfere with the tight turning circle that’s achievable. The simple result of these features is that the T6020LS delivers more loads/minute.
And if you need more power the four-cylinder T6040LS is available with up to 151hp on tap.
For more information visit: www.newholland.com.
- Dealerships wanted to meet demand for Tuchel sweepers
- Reekie Ltd takes on Bauer irrigation equipment at Perth and Cupar depots
- Lemken: Steketee hoeing proves valuable in DeltaRow maize
- John Deere: New Gator snow blades and grit spreaders
- Pöttinger: Mechanical crop care range launched
- Michelin: Three new sizes added to AgriBib IF tyre range
- JF Hudson: Silo Crab minimises waste forage
- Collings Brothers representing Merlo again in the East of England
- Mastenbroek: Drainage plan increases yields and reduces black-grass
- Amazone: Flagship Tyrok 400 offers higher speeds for higher outputs
- Lemken: Latest Azurit drill can sow soy beans to sunflower seeds and apply microgranules
- Hutchinsons: Omnia and Claas collaboration extends connectivity ability
- Horsch: New model M expands Avatar drill range
- Yokohama: OHT division to double capacity of new plant in India
- DataConnect: Mixed fleets from five brands now viewable on a single portal of choice